Epilogue

I open my eyes and instantly they are shut again. The brightness, no the intensity of color hurts my eyes, and make it hard for me to open them all the way. But I soon manage it and find myself looking up into an enchanting sky through colors of purple and blue. I smile slightly as astonishment fills me. Could it really be?

"Missy?" Asks a voice from my left.

I sit up in a tattered boat I was laying in and turn to my left, to the voice.

"Pryoca?" I half ask, half state in surprise and a little joy.

"Missy." His voice is definite and with some happiness as he smiles, a little unsure.

He holds out his hand to me, and I take it. He helps me stand and then step out of the half broken boat.

"What am I..." I trail off as it soon becomes clear. "I'm dead."

Pryoca nods his head, but I barely take notice.

I look up at him. "Why...? ...Is this death?"

Pryoca's startling yellow eyes look down in sadness, then up. "You are to reside here for as long as you need."

"Until when?"

Pryoca shakes his head. He doesn't know.

"But why?"

Pryoca only looks at me.

Of course.

"I saved Arthur." I say as my memories become less hazy and more reliable. "But I couldn't save Mordred."

I look up.

Gareth... He's dead. And the others...? What of Gwaine?

"You will find peace here, Missy, for as long as you need." Pryoca says. "This I promise you."

I shift my eyes away from him and to the land that surrounds me. It's been so long. Where would I even...?

"I'll show you." He answers my unasked question.

My eyes look back to him as he starts to walk forward. I begin to follow him, but stop and turn back to the half dead boat.

An ache of pain fills me, and of sadness that will never cease... Not until I return...

I turn back to Pryoca who has stopped to see why I do not follow.

I meet his yellow eyes.

As far as death goes, I suppose this isn't so bad.

I then continue to follow him.