Scary Fact #30

Did you know?

In 1904, a doll named Robert was given to a Robert Eugene Otto, a young boy who is eccentric

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

In 1904, a doll named Robert was given to a Robert Eugene Otto, a young boy who is eccentric. He was five or six when he was given the doll and since then, strange things happened around the house with Robert Eugene's only excuse is “Robert did it.” Pretty soon, the kid became attached to the doll and only went by Eugene because he claims that Robert is the doll's name and only the doll's.

Their neighbors also had seen Robert the doll running past windows without help which lead them to believe that the doll is possessed by a spirit. The doll remained stored in the Otto family home in Key West.

After Robert Eugene's and his wife's death in 1974 and 1976 respectively, the Key West home containing the doll was sold to a woman named Myrtle Reuter who owned it for another 20 years until the house was sold to the current owners who operates it as a guest house.

In 1994, the doll was finally donated to the East Martello Museum in Key West, Florida, where it became a popular tourist attraction because of its history.

a/n: this one was sent to me by -Grell_Sutcliffe- :)