Chapter 1: Our Heart

Hello Everyone, welcome to my new book! I wanted to try something new and this is what I came up with. I really hope you enjoy this chapter and please let me know your feedback. I have great ideas for this book, so please be patient with it. Thanks for reading! :)

/WARNING/ This book brings up suicidal thoughts and/or depressing thoughts, so if that isn't something you want to read, then I would recommend skipping those parts.

Chapter 1: Our Heart

The fire burns radiantly through his amber eyes as I watch his every movement. The heat from his body reaches mine and I feel warmth spread through my body. His dark hair flutters as a cool breeze drifts through the air. He offers me a smile as he reaches towards me, bringing me closer to his warm body. He places his arms around my waist and I'm met with nostalgic. I smell the cologne that I've been longing to smell since he left.

"I miss you." I whisper into his chest as I feel him stroke my back.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way." I hear him say into my hair.

"Why did you leave me?" I ask as I feel tears blind my line of vision.

"I didn't leave you," his eyes reach mine as he caresses my face, "I'll always be with you."

"Not in the same way." I feel him wipe a tear away from my face.

He shakes his head back and forth giving me a sad smile, "I had to do it."

"No, you didn't!" I push him backwards and watch him disappear into a dark mist, "NO! Come back!" I shout into the darkness, looking for a sign that he might reappear.

The warmth from his body has disappeared and the cold finally hits me. I feel myself crying and watch as everything around me spins. I place my hand over my heart—his heart. I feel myself slowly falling tired as the darkness towers over me.

"You didn't..." I begin to whisper to him, "...have to give me your..." I stop sobbing when I spot his amber eyes in the darkness.

"I couldn't let you die." His voice replies as he holds my body upright.

I feel warmth travel back through my veins as he places a kiss on my forehead, "I died the day they told me that you're the person who saved me." I say as I look at his sad eyes. "They told me that you were the one to give me your heart and that you were..."

"I'm not sorry for saving your life." He gives me a sad look, "I wanted you to live out your dreams."

I shake my head, "You were my dreams Phoenix," I place my hands on the side of his face, "Now I have to live without you." I feel more tears fall down my face and I can feel our heart breaking in my chest.

"You'll do many great things Tempest, and I'll be with you along the way." He releases his grip on me and begins to turn around.

"Don't leave me." I whisper towards his retreating figure. I begin to feel colder each step he takes away from me.

He stops in his tracks and turns his head slightly, "I'll visit you like this often, as long as you let me."

"What do you mean, if I let you?" I frown as he continues to walk towards the black mist, "Wait!" I begin to run towards him, but I'm met with more darkness.

________________________

I wake up with tears streaming down my thin face. I haven't eaten since Phoenix decided to give up his life for me a few days ago. The light from the outside is threatening to pour in through my blinds and I squint towards the light.