Chapter Fifteen

~The Captains' Bet~ 

Parker Jacobs

"Why'd you need to talk?" Ryan asked as we walked into his bedroom. 

I fumbled with my fingers, nervous, "Well, I've got something to tell you." 

"If it's something about us being captains, I tried on my Chemistry test and that's all I could do. I'm sorry if it cost you your place," he said, sitting at the edge of his bed. 

I shook my head, "No, it's not about that." I sat beside him, "I went to the hospital a few nights ago and got told some news."

Ryan's brows furrowed, "Okay, what was it? You don't have cancer, right?" His eyes widened as he stared at me. 

"No, calm down," I shook my head. "Well, the doctor said I was pregnant..." 

His face turned to anger, "When did you fuck someone else?!"

I stared at him, shocked. "Excuse me, I didn't have sex with anyone else." 

"Well, we used condoms every time," he stated. 

My head started to pound as I rolled my eyes at him, "Obviously, one must have broke." 

He ran a hand through his blonde hair, looking away from me. "Who all knows?" He asked. 

"You, my dad, and I told Christie," I replied. I stood up from the bed, "I hope that you'll be apart of his or her life, I know you didn't ask for this and that it's going to screw with the rest of your life." 

He shook his head, "I'm being a part of your and the babies life." He grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to him. "Maybe by the time he or she graduates, you'll fall in love with me." 

I chuckled at his statement, "Maybe, do you want to go tell your parents? I need to go home, all my siblings are coming up this weekend."

"Can I come over later?" He asked. 

I winced, "I don't know. Big brothers finding out I'm pregnant and then you show up..." 

Ryan nodded in understanding, "You're right. Are you sure you can't stay so I can tell my parents?" 

I shook my head, "I have to get home, I promised my dad I'd come over here and tell you then come straight home to help him, or else I would." 

"Alright," he breathed out. "I'm sorry, Parker." 

I bit my lip, "Yeah, me too." 

"I didn't think any of the condoms would have broke or else I wouldn't have had sex with you," he explained. "I know that you might not believe me and that I'm probably the biggest douche you know, I'm sorry." 

I couldn't look at him while he ripped his heart open to me, I stood nodding like a robot to him. Tears brimmed my eyes as his words continued to stab me in the heart. 

"Ever since I first met you, I knew you and I would have something so incredible. I've been a dick to you for years because I'm afraid I'm not good enough for you. I threw myself into other girls just to try and keep you out of my head. And, I've tried to use all your flaws against you but honestly, it all just made me want to be with you more," Ryan spoke, coming closer to me. "I've never in my entire life wanted to hurt you or ruin your life. I've never wanted anything more than to see you smile every day, and I got that for a while until I ruined it all. You literally light up my world and you make me want to be the best version of myself and I know I cannot be that without you. And, I'm so sorry the condom broke but I'm so glad that I get to be the father of your child." 

I looked up at him, "If you've always had this thing for me then why did you make a bet?" 

Ryan shrugged, "I guess I was in denial and I wanted to try and get you to fall in love with me too, but that didn't work too well." 

"I have to go," I spoke. "I'll talk to you later." I started out of the room, more than ready to just go home. 

"Parker?" He called me. 

I turned my head to look at him for the last time tonight, "Hmm?" 

"I love you," he replied. 

I walked down the stairs, heading towards the door. "Hey, Parker!" Liam smiled at me. 

I smiled back, "Hey, how are you?" 

His smile faltered, "Eh, not too great. Lily was at the hospital the other night, she sprained her wrist while at a friends house. Jenna had to go up at like eleven because of it. So, now we are Lily's servants until she gets better. 

I chuckled, "Sounds like a ton of fun. I have to go, though, I'll see you around." 

I finally was making my way towards the door, sighing. The talk with Ryan went a lot smoother than I thought. I was sure he'd completely throw me on the curb about him being the father and after everything, he's said... I didn't know what to do. Obviously, I had feelings for the boy, but I didn't know what they meant. I didn't know whether it was a simple crush or if I was in love with him. He made butterflies in my stomach and he brought the rose out on my cheeks when he would say something inappropriate. He made me feel like I could be anything I wanted and do anything I wanted. 

I pulled out of their driveway, ready to go home. I was so stressed the past few days I hadn't even had time to cry. After everything that had been happening I felt like I was complete trash. I had never been so stressed and busy. I didn't know what to do anymore.

A/N 

Gif of Liam Alexanders (Brad Pitt) because why not. 

Also, I'm so tired and sorry, I wanted this to be a super long chapter but writer's block lmao. Hope you all are having an amazing new year so far!