Chapter Two

~The Captains' Bet~

Parker Jacobs

"We need to go to the mall today!" Christie begged me as we sat at our table. I sighed, and took a bite of my sandwich. 

"Fine, but you're paying for dinner." I said, and she nodded, a grin on her face. 

"Hey, girls." Jake said smiling at us and sitting next to me. I smiled at him, and continued to eat my lunch. 

"Girls." Ethan said, sitting down along with Austin and Timmy. I shot a glance at the three, and my phone buzzed. I quickly pulled it out, seeing my Dad's name on it. I stood up, walking away from the group. 

"Dad? What's wrong?" I asked. 

I heard him breath a shaky breath, and my heart dropped. 

"On the way back to college, Aaron got in an accident. She's in the hospital, we aren't sure what's going to happen." 

"I'm on my w-" I was cut off by my Dad's voice.

"No, Parker. Finish your day at school. You can come afterwards." He said sternly. I let out a sigh, wiping away a tear that came down my cheek. "I'll talk to you later, Park, have a good day." 

"Ms. Jacobs, no phone calls!" The lunch monitor called over to me, I ignored him though. 

"Bye, Dad." I said, and he hung up. I slipped my phone into my pocket again, lowering my head. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Christie asked, looking at me concerned. 

"Uhm.. Well, that was my Dad.. Aaron was in an accident on her way back to college. She's in the hospital and nobodies told my Dad anything yet. So, I can only assume the worst." I said, not looking at her. 

"Oh my God, Parker! I'm so sorry. Don't worry about going to the mall with me today. Just go see your sister after 8th." She said, squeezing my hand and sending me a reassuring smile. 

I nodded, "Thanks Christie." I said. 

After lunch I went to Chemistry, and then to Math. Mrs. Daniels talked about equations as I doodled in my notebook. 

"Thinking about how much it sucks you can't get in bed with me, aye?" I heard Ryan's voice. 

"Fuck off, Alexanders. I'm not in the mood." I whispered harshly. 

"Awe, what happened? Cheerleading was officially considered not a sport?"

"Shut up." I said, continuing in my book. 

"I'd rather not." He said, leaning back in his chair smirking.

"Leave me alone." I said through gritted teeth. 

"Nope." 

"Yes." 

"Nope." 

"Leave me alone!" I said louder, people looking back at us. 

"Ms. Jacobs, Mr. Alexanders, is there a problem?" The teacher asked. I glared at the boy. 

"I-I don't know Mrs. Daniels. She just started yelling at me." He said, innocently looking at her. If I could wrap my fingers around his neck, and strangle him I wouldn't hesitate. 

"I think you both need to go to Mr. Jackson's office." She said, sternly. 

I picked my things up, and stood up. My seat went back a couple inches, as I walked out. Walking down the hall I went to the office, and to Mr. Jackson's sitting outside his office. 

Ryan followed behind, sitting a couple seats down. It wasn't far enough though. 

"Ms. Jacobs and Mr. Alexanders, please come in." He said, and we walked into the office. Pictures of his children sat on his desk with a couple filing cabinets as well. 

"What seems to be the problem, this time?" He asked, looking at us both. 

"Well, for starters Alexanders needs to go back to Kindergarten to find out what, 'leave me alone' means because obviously he doesn't know." I said, glaring out the window. 

Mr. Jackson sighed, looking at Ryan. "Ryan?" 

"I just like to annoy her." He said, simply. 

"Yeah, well today is not the day." I said flatly. 

"And why is that, Parker?" The principle asked, looking at me. 

"Aaron's in the hospital. She was in an accident." His face softened, as Ryan stared in shock. 

"I'm very sorry to here that, I hope everything's fine. But going back to you two. I can't be letting this go on. Parker, it seems Mr. Ryan here is failing Science, or Chemistry I mean. You're going to be his tutor. If his grade doesn't go up, you both lose your position." He said, staring at us both. 

My heart shattered into a million pieces, he couldn't take this part of me away. "Mr. Jackson, you have no idea how much this position means to me. He's never going to be any good! Have you met him, a rock could get a better grade!" I said, looking frightened.

"Quite frankly, Parker, I know how much it does mean to you. And I hate to do it, but this can't go on."

"You're basically only punishing me. I'm the one being forced to try to put some sort of education into his head. That's nearly impossible." I said.

"Parker." He warned, "It's take it or leave it, and lose your position too." 

I sighed, "Fine." I stood walking out of the office. I was going to hate this. I hated Ryan with a very large passion, and being forced to teach him, was not going to help. 

As soon as school ended I hopped into my car, starting it up. When I was about to pull out, there was a knock on my window. Ryan. I rolled my eyes, and was starting to pull away, until he did it again. 

I rolled down my window, "What?" I asked, glaring at him. 

"Meet me at my house, Friday after school." He said, and turned away. What a little douche. I rolled my eyes, and pulled out quickly. I hurried off to the hospital, and pulled in. 

"Aaron Jacobs?" I said to the lady at the desk. 

"Relation?" She questioned. 

"I'm her sister." 

"Room 369" She said back, and then looked at the computer screen again. I hurried away, trying to find the room. As soon as I found it, I walked in. 

Letting out a deep breath, as I saw my sister watching TV. 

"Thank God, you're okay!" I said, and wrapped my arms around her loosely so I didn't hurt her. 

"Thanks for your concern." She said, glancing up at me. I sat down, everyone looking at the TV. All of my brothers were here, and my Dad too. I smiled, and looked out the window. 

A/N

I'm sorry it's short and all! I just wanted to keep the tutoring session for the next chapter(: I liked this part, tbh. So feel free to vote, comment, and fan/follow!