1 : the roommate

This is it. The moment they've all been waiting for. Or at least Jimin sure has.

"Come on Jimin-hyung, hurry up or the others will be waiting!" his roommate shouts from behind another wall. 

"Yes, I'm almost ready!"

       It is his second year in this university yet it's the very first time a video of their performance will be shown. Indeed, every year his school displays videos of the best students' works. Jimin has been taking a dance major. However, there are also music major, in which there are vocal and composition specialisations, drama major, history of art major and finally a fashion design major. Needless to say this school is where artists meet. Moreover, entering the place is hard since this university is very well known throughout Korea. At least. This is why Jimin is so proud and has been looking forward today. To finally be able to show what he likes the most! The choreography that will be shown is the one that made his dance team win during last winter worldwide contest, expanding the already famous name of their major. 

       He looks up and places his hand towards his own reflection in the mirror. Stares at his eyes. As dark as the night sky and in the shape of a half-moon. That's what his mother had always told him anyway. Sometimes, he doesn't recognise the man in front of him. However, today is a special day since he can see a twinkle in his orbs. It brings back the stars to his night and makes him look alive. Perhaps Jimin can't hide his excitement and he won't even try anyway. Turning back, he grabs his jacket and his keys, walking towards the front door.

"Gosh Jimin, you know I'm not in fashion but boy does this suede jacket fit your pink hair. If I hadn't self-respect I might've said you looked good but you know."

"Ungrateful brat, call me Jimin-hyung and don't talk like that. But thanks I guess."

"Haha whatever Jiminie." his roommate finishes in a evil grin.

The said boy laughs softly only to end up analysing his friend. His curly chocolate hair falling on his brow, covering a bit of his eyes. The latest is looking down, finishing dressing up apparently. Jimin smiles a bit a that, knowingly.

"Kookie, are you telling me you've been shouting at me when you weren't ready yourself?"

"I don't recall saying anything about being ready hyung."

"Shall I tell Jin-huyng we were late because of you then?"

Jungkook looks up at Jimin when the words finally reach his mind, almost too quick to look like the casual him he normally displays.

"Hyung, don't. You know he'll pretend I broke his heart again and he'll fake cry. Please?" he says in a tone that is  supposed to sound everything but desperate. Yet, Jimin simply laughs , head on one side and a hand on the stomach. 

However, the excitement comes hitting him all over again. Fear as well. Fear of what the others will say today. He'd been waiting to see himself dancing with passion on the school's screen. Some recrutors even come to find new talents. Yet, now that it was actually real, he discovered a vulnerable part of himself. A bit ashamed, he noticed he may crave for people's approval. Especially for something as intimate as this. Dancing in front of people is like stepping out of the fallen body, to disclose the naked soul within. 

      With a sigh, Jimin reaches the comfortable sofa and lets himself fall graciously on it. Covering the now shaking legs. 

"Do you realise what's going to happen in just a few hours?" says the seated man, face blank. A serious atmosphere creeping in. Emotions too strong it paralyses the body and the mind. 

"Well, technically we don't know when it'll be. Your choreography and my song could be shown tomorrow as well."

"Yeah, who knows? There are a lot to be exhibited. I hope we will see the others' works though."

"Me too." answers Jungkook, thinking for a while and then keeping on with a frown "Hyung, I think I'm a bit afraid of you and the others hearing my song."

"Come on Kookie, I've been waiting all year to hear this record you've been working so hard on! Plus, it's really rare for a first year student to be displayed. So I'm sure there's no reason for you to be shy!" replays Jimin, an honest smile enlightening the face. Surely the kind that can turn a grumpy murderer into a pink butterfly. "But I am too I guess."

Jungkook's eyes lights up, affection softening his sharp features. All of a sudden, a phone rings and they know who it is. Jimin stands up and goes to the door, opening it for his roommate. Not caring about the still ringing phone he says :

"Come on Kookie, we don't want Jin-hyung to be waiting."

        And then they're gone. Both excited and heading towards a new chapter of their respectful lives.