"Hello, Daddy?" she said, looking at Jay and rolling her eyes. "Yes, I know. Mommy said - uh, would you excuse me for a sec?" Erin got up and left the room, walking down the hall for some privacy.

Jay smiled until she was out of sight. Then he seethed,"Cara, what the fuck are you doing?" he hissed. "This is Jamison's daughter's account we're talking about. Are you nuts?"

Cara thought fast." Jay, I'm just so busy acclimating to my new position, I'm concerned I wont be-"

"Don't be ridiculous. This is nothing. A moron could run this account, but I told Jamison I'd have you manage it so Erin-"

"So Erin what?" she said contemptuously. "Would be satisfied and leave you both alone?"

"Car, don't be-" Jay stopped when Erin walked back in, looking slightly amused. "Any problems?" Erin asked.

Jay glared at Cara. "Of course not," he said changing back to his smooth manner.

" Of course not," echoed Cara robotically.

"Great," said Jay. "My work here is done. If you'll excuse me, I 'll let you ladies get down to business."

Erin rose and walked over to Jay, giving him a two cheek kiss. "Thank you for lunch Jay. I had a great time." Erin looked at Jay hungrily." i would love to take you to the new raw bar that just opened on 22nd Street."

"I'm game!" he said."Take care, Erin, you're in good hands." With a parting wink Jay left the room. Erin's gazed stayed with him.

"Um, Erin, I hadn't expected a meeting with you. Mind if we schedule something later this week when I'm better prepared." Cara tried vainly.

"No, let's get this over with," Erin insisted. "I have no intention of coming here again this week. I'm very busy." Cara has no choice but acquiesce.

After discussing her vision Erin listened to Cara's initial recommendation. Erin nodded in agreement, but her eyes remained cool, appraiising.

"I'll have a full proposal written up and messengered over to you. You can take your time with it and we can discuss any changes you may have over the phone." Cara said hoping to wrap up the meeting.

"Goodness Cara, I'm beginning to think you'd prefer not to do business with me!" Erin said warily.

"Of course I'm happy to manage your fund!" Cara backtracked.

"After all, we're Brown sisters, aren't we?" Erin said searching Caras face. "By the way, we never finished our conversation. What sorority were you in? I don't recall you from the Pi Phis."

Oh God, Cara thought, here we go.." Oh, Dad wouldn't allow me to pledge a sorority until sophomore year. He was insane about the academics." Cara added a fake eye roll for effect but this was the first truth she told; Cara's grades had to be good to keep her scholarship. But her family could neither afford the added expense of Greek life nor could they understand the merit of it. "Marlena is your sister," her dad would say. " Not some stranger!"

"Shame. Must've been tough socially" Erin said. "But I get it, Mommy wouldn't let me live with the Pi Phis my sophomore year since I failed two classes freshman year. It was horrible, I had to slum it in a dorm!"

You bitch, you slummed it on the floor above me, Cara thought.

"God, you look so familiar!" Erin said, staring at her. "What dorm did you say you lived in?"

Cara froze. She could only think of the dorm they had in common. Damn it, how could she get out of this?

"Oh my God!" Cara said suddenly, jumping out of her chair." I forgot, have a conference call! Erin, would you please excuse me?"