Chapter 10

~~Skylar's POV~~
(AKA Lucy)

I watched as the girl came out from behind the tree and stared at us in confusion. My attention was suddenly drawn by a familiar skull tattoo graved on her neck. My mind instantly flashed to the time when my mother used to receive letter from Opheus. There used to be the same skull printed at the bottom side of the paper.

She was definitely related to Opheus.I had no idea why but I was convinced she was working for him.

"Girl, you can drop the act now. Did Opheus send you here?"

She smiled at that and stared directly at Jaxon. The latter's eyes went dull and he retreated himself from us.

"Don't worry, I just hypnotised him. He must be on his way to where he belong. So are you following me or not?"

Not having much of a choice, I did as she told me and walked beside her in silence.

"So do you work for him?" I asked.

"For who," she said, dumbfounded.

"You know very well who I am talking about." I snapped.

"You'll find out once we arrive there."

"If that's the case then why don't you just tell me right now."

"Well you see. First you'll start asking one question leading to another one and so on. And you see miss, I don't have time to answer your stupid questions. So please stop talking and focus all your energy on walking faster rather than wasting my time. Stupid woman."

My mouth formed an O-shape as I processed everything she said. Why were kids so evil. Nevetheless I hated to admit but she was right.

I didn't even know what to ask him first. I had a lots of questions on my mind.

After an awkward journey through the forest, we arrived at a small pond. She then whispered something uncomprehensible while I stared into space. A large black hole suddenly appeared in the pond mesmerising me once again about this world.

"Follow me," the little girl said as she went into the pit of endless blackness. Slowly approaching near it, I brought my hand to it and the latter disappeared into it. Now I wasn't sure if I really want to go into "it". Why did this have to be like this? What if I got loss and end up into another dimension with carnivorous aliens ready to eat me alive.

Suddenly I felt cold hands grabbing mine and pulled me.

I let out an ear throbbing cry but soon stop when I found myself in the arms of an unknown man.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked without even thinking.

"Calm down woman. Its me; the same person brought you all the way here." he grunted, annoyed of being questioned.

"But how di-"

"Leave the questions for later, we are late. So hop on." he gestured me to climb on his back.

"Whaaa! No way! I'm no-"

"Listen to me carefully; I don't have much time to lose on you. I have other things to do than dragging you're lazy ass to master Opheus. So be a good girl and hop on so we can get this over real quick." He gave me a scary look making me shut up.