Chapter 2

The past few days have been interesting. I've been hanging out a lot with Jeremy. We've gotten closer you could day. Tyler and I hung out again, but got into a fight because I've been spending so much time with Jeremy. Seriously? I don't get why they hate each other so much. It's really hard, because they're both my friends, the first friends I made here. In the end, we decided we decided to stay friends just not as close as we were like "Hi and Bye" friends( friends that you see and make small talk with; closer than acquaintances farther than friends- confusing, I know). Jeremy introduced me to his sister Elena and we clicked right away. I've also got to know Bonnie and Caroline. They've become some of my best friends, which I've never really had. Today was Saturday and Jeremy asked me to come over today *cue girlish squealing*- so I might have a small crush on Jeremy, but I mean who wouldn't. He looks kinda like that cute innocent boy next door. My dad insisted on dropping me off today- ya know because of JENNA haha cute, but aca-awkward. Talk about keeping it in the family ;)

I knocked on the door a couple of times and waited. The door swung open and Jeremy appeared in the doorway. My dad honked his horn as he pulled out of the driveway and we turned and waved. All of a sudden I was being pulled up the stairs.

"Hey Maya!" I heard Jenna and Elena call from wherever they were at. I called a "Hi" back before I reached Jeremy's room and he closed and locked the doors.

"Rude much?" I teased. Jeremy just rolled his eyes and took a seat at his desk, flipping through what must be a book.

"What's that?" I asked, sitting down on his bed.

"Well, remember that paper your dad is making me do? Wel,l I was researching and found some of my ancestor's journals from way back when. Did you know that they believed that some kind of 'demons' lived among them? It's weird," He said, grabbing a tattered old book. I laughed. Demons really? Maybe these journals could help my dad with his "after school hobby".

"Demons really? Like Supernatural demons, the black mist ones that possess people?" I asked hoping to confirm my suspicions.

"No. I think they were talking about vampires. I know it sounds crazy, but here, listen" He read a page of the journal.

"That's pretty cool"

"Yeah, and I found this picture" He said holding up and old piece of paper with a drawing on it "And I kind of got inspired" He grabbed what I guesses what was a sketchbook and came and sat next to me on the bed.

He flipped through the book and opened it to the page with a similar drawing as the paper but bigger. He handed me the book and I skimmed through it.

"These are really good Jer," I looked up at him smiling. I stopped on a page - it was amazing. "Is this me?" He started stuttering and blushing.

"I-uh-yeah. I feel really stalker-ish right now, but you inspired me. Do you like it?"He asked he was still blushing. Too cute! I was still staring in amazement at the drawing, the girl in the drawing looked too beautiful to be me.

"It's beautiful Jer, honestly" I said. He smiled at me. We had that moment when we stared into each others eyes like in the movies and stories read. We both started leaning and right as our lips met the door opened causing me to jump away from Jer and landing on the floor, blushing more than I ever thought I could.

"Hey guys! Oh! Um, sorry. Bonnie and Caroline came over we were wondering if you guys wanted to come downstairs and watch movies" "Elena!" Jer yelled "Would you please just get out?". He didn't seem too pleased- Ha! Yes!. I stood up and dusted myself off.

"Yeah. Well be down in a little bit." I said, my face was still as red as a tomato. Elena nodded giggling slightly and leaving the door slightly ajar.

"Maya" Jer started "I'm sorry. I-" "Why are you sorry?" I asked. Oh no, he was regretting it and there goes my heart dropping into my stomach. Maybe I liked him more than I thought. I could feel that lump in my throat that I got right, before I start crying. I was about to back up and walk away. Before I had a chance to turn and walk away Jer grabbed my hand to stop me.

"Maya, I really, really like you. It's just that I just got out of something and I just need sometime" I nodded. Hes hung up on another girl. I held out my pinky to him- its sorta my thing-. We connected pinkys. He always laughs at me when I do this.

"You're too cute" He said chuckling. I smiled.

"Jer, its fine. Still friends?" I asked. He nodded and said "best". Still intertwined pinkys we made our way down the stairs where Caroline, Bonnie and Elena stood failing miserably trying to hide smiles. I squealed and ran to Bonnie and Caroline tackling them in a hug. We pulled away from each other Bonnie asked "Sooo, are you guys together yet?"

"No, we're just friends, Bon"I said pushing past them. I heard "Well Tyler will be happy about that" Caroline mumble.

"Caroline seriously?"Elena said. Jeremy walked pass all four of us and sat in a one-seater in the living room. Bonnie and Elena gave her a look and walked into the kitchen to get snacks. Caroline muttered a small "sorry" and followed Bonnie and Elena. I went to the living room and was about the walk past Jer, but he pulled me down into the chair with him, so that I was in the chair with him with my legs hanging over him lap. He still looked pretty mad. I still don't know why and I still didn't ask. I grabbed his face and squished his cheeks together.

"What's the matter Mr. Grumpy Gills" I said in a horrible baby voice. He gave me an amused look.

"Seriously?" He said. I gave a cheeky smile, then a straight face and retorted "Seriously". He started tickling me.

"NO-haha-Jer-stop-haha-stop-this-is-tourture-haha" I tried to say between laughs.

"You want me to stop?" I couldn't really see his face, but I could tell he was amused. I nodded because I couldn't stop laughing long enough to say yes.

"Kiss me" I looked at him like "what?" and BAM his soft lips were on mine again. Everything around us disappeared; it was just me, him and our lips. We were brought back to reality by someone clearing their throat. We pulled away to see who ruined this moment. Of course, it was my dad. I literally jumped out of Jer's lap and ended back on the ground AGAIN.

"Dad!"

"Mr. Saltzman!"

"Helloo" Dad said, raising his eyebrow. I saw Elena, Bonnie and Caroline snickering behind very amused looking Jenna and Dad. They sat on the love seat-ooohh lala!

"So much for just friends huh?" Elena said, teasingly. I glared at her from the floor and crossing my leg and arms facing away from her.

"So Maya, you gonna get off the floor?" Jer asked. I shook my head.

"This is the second time I ended up on the floor today, oh, and bee tee dubs(BTW) your floor hurts" I said " I think its a sign that I belong here" They laughed at me. Elena pulled me up onto the couch with her, Bonnie and Caroline. We settled down to watch my favorite movie, Pitch Perfect! A-ca-amaZAYN!.