Chapter 27: That Makes Sense

Mulai dari awal

"It's okay! Leave her!" Dr. Tarzin ordered them.

Ethan wrapped his arms around me and I gently rubbed his back. "He has haphephobia," I exclaimed to the Doctor. She nodded before quickly jotting it down on the clipboard. I pulled away from Ethan before wiping his tears away. "You need to get back in bed," I spoke in a stern tone.

He opened his mouth to protest but I shook my head. "I'll stay by your side," I gave him a small smile. He then looked over to Dr. Tarzin to see if I could actually stay. She nodded and with that, Ethan slowly got back into bed. One of the nurse covered him with a weird stiff looking blanket before connecting the IV bag up to him along with the pulse machine.

"Freya, may I speak to you outside?" Dr. Tarzin spoke in a gentle voice.

Ethan eyes widened and I quickly gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay. I'll be back. I 'll also run to the car and get you a special something," I was referring to the gift Victor got for him. A small smile lite up on his face before nodding.

"It's fine, I'll get it while you're talking to the doctor," Kai offered.

I thanked him as the three of us walked outside the room leaving Ethan and the nurses inside. Kai disappeared down the hall before the Dr. Tarzin started to talk.

"I don't know how to say this but we don't know what's wrong with your brother. We've put him through ever scan and took samples from him but everything shows up normal. His pressure is normal and his brain activity is normal. We've called in a specialist but he wouldn't be here until next week," she informed me.

Just as I thought, nothing.

I slowly nodded my head, "What about his fever?" I asked.

"Well, we were going to put him on some medicine but his body is reacting weird this fever. His body either gets to hot or to cold so we put him under a body temperature blanket which will either heat or cold him depending on his temperature. As of right now, I'm sorry but there's nothing further I could do," she spoke in a sincere tone.

I gave him a small smile, "It's okay. I'm just glad we bought him here in time. Can he eat regular food and can I stay overnight with him?"

She nodded her head, "Yes to both."

I thanked her before she left. I walked into Ethan's room again only for the nurses to leave. "So?" Ethan asked turning his head my direction.

"Hi," I randomly replied.

He playfully rolled his eyes, "What did she say?"

I shook my head, "Nothing to worry your tiny head about."

"She doesn't know, does she?" he questioned.

I let out a sigh, "No, she doesn't."

"Huh...Nice bracelet," he changed the topic. I looked down at my wrist at the bracelet. "After you showered, I watched our clothes and Victor dropped by. He gave me this and got you something as well. He said he wouldn't show up for a while and if we're ever in an emergency to just call him," I informed him.

A playful smirk rose to Ethan's face, "Did you guys smooch?"

My eyes widened, "You're 12!" I shrieked.

"Still smarter than you!" he shouted back followed by a laughter.

I rolled my eyes, "No we didn't," I mumbled.

"What?! Why?" this time he shrieked.

"The 'my brother is sick and I don't know what's wrong with him' doesn't scream kiss me," I folded my arms across my chest.