Chapter 19: Who's to Blame?

Letting out a tired yawn, I snuggled under the warm comforters only for something to wrapped around my waist and pull me back against something hard. My eyes shot open and I slowly lifted the covers to see it was someone's hand.

"Relax," a familiar voice muffled out next to me. I turned on my back and looked to see it was Victor. His eyes was still closed and he was shirtless but wore sweats. I raised the covers again and saw I was not wearing any pants nor a bra. I was just in a large white t-shirt.

I quickly held the covers against my chest. The last thing I remember about last night was when Victor put me in the car.

"Where's my pants? How am I clean?" I asked turning to look at him.

"It was stained with blood and I gave you a bath," he casually replied with his eyes shut.

My eyes widened and mouth dropped in shock. He saw me naked?!

With a swift move, I pushed him back causing him to fall off the bed. He let out a painful groan but I didn't care. Throwing the cover's off me, I swing my legs off the bed and saw my foot was bandaged up. Not only that but my body started to ache with pain.

"What the hell was that for?" he shouted behind me. I ignored his question and got off the bed. Standing on my two feet, I felt as if I was a child taking my first steps all over again.

"Freya, get back on the bed," Victor ordered. Ignoring him, I walked across the room to the door but stopped when I caught a glimpse of my refection in the mirror. I stepped up closer to it and saw my body was covered in bruises and cuts. My neck as all blue from Ross trying to choke me and my cheek was bruised.

Victor made his appearance behind me and I continued to check myself out. I looked like a bus was repeatedly ran into me and somehow I survived. I was then turned around so I was now looking up at Victor.

"I don't know what you think right now but you're still the most beautiful person I know. I also realized why you just pushed me off the bed and I kept my eyes on you this whole time. Never once did I look," he swore.

My eyebrow rose, "I'm suppose to believe you?" I questioned considering his reputation with woman.

He shook his head, "I don't expect you to believe me but I don't keep just any girl around me for so long," he stated.

I stared at him to see he was actually telling the truth. That or I was gullible. "Fine," I huffed out, "I believe you. Where's Ethan?" I asked.

"He decided to go to school today. He figured it would be a distraction for him."

I frowned, "Can you take me home? I'll get-"

"I'm already ahead of you. I got Leo to pick up some of your clothes and bring there her. You can start getting dress in half an hour. Just get some more rest please," he begged.

I slowly nodded, "Okay, but I need to use the bathroom," I admitted.

He let out a chuckle causing my eyebrow to raise. "It's through there," he pointed to the door I had taught was the exit to the bedroom. I let out a groan of annoyance and marched to the bathroom. Walking in, I shut the door behind me and released my bladder before flushing and rinsing my hand and face.

As the water touch my face, I felt a huge sting against my skin. Letting out a hiss, I turned the water off and dried my face. Opening the door, I made my way over to the bed where Victor was already laying on his stomach with his eyes closed. As I got closer, I frowned once I saw his back. The last time I saw a mark on him, it was when he had on a shirt but his scar managed to peek up the back of his neck.