VI: Rathtar

After what felt like years of Rey continuously firing questions at Han Solo, we followed him around his ship as he examined it. I stood close to Finn, not wanting to stick out. And for the fact that I felt at ease with someone I knew, and trust. Han was obviously getting tired of correcting facts about his life.

"So, why is she in hand cuffs?" The old man pointed at me, all attention focused my way.

Chewbacca second his question, with a long drawn groan.

BB-8 started going off, touching on the subjects of Kou, bounty hunter, First Order and how he "captured" me. Han solo gave me an up and down examination. He let out a 'hmph', showing disappointment. Now, my eyebrows were raised up at his unimpressed look.

"Is there an issue?" I questioned. He held a smug look, but it wasn't a teasing one. More mocking.

"Oh, nothing. Just didn't expect Kou the bounty hunter to be taken down by a BB-8 unit." He said nonchalantly walking off.

Bu before I could argue, there was a loud banging. We all looked around suspiciously.

"Oh, don't tell me a rathtar has gotten loose." Solo said so calmly. My mouth dropped, this man, is smuggling deadly rathtars on this ship. He took off running off the Millennium Falcon. Finn looking between Rey and I before we all followed suit.

"Wait, what." BB-8 caught up to us, "you're not carrying rathtars on this freighter are you?" Finn questioned, even though at this point the answer was so obvious.

Han Solo reached a panel that had multiple screens on it, showing where everything was.

"I'm hauling rathtars." Chewie groaned confirming it.

"And why in the name of all that is good are you hauling them?" I questioned, so curious for that answer.

"That's classified information, that you of all people especially don't need to know." The pilot sassed back as his eyes searched the screen.

"Oh great, guavin death gang. They must've tracked us from Intune." He began walking away quickly, preparing himself for whatever was about to happen.

"What's a rathtar?" Rey asked, curious like a child.

"Pray that you never have to see one face to face." I muttered, she only looked at me quickly continuing to follow the man further into the freighter.

Han lead us through the ship as the threat closed in. He finally stopped, we all stood and waited.

He told Rey and Finn how the two of them would go into the vents to hide from the gang.

"What about BB-8? And Kou?" Rey asked concerned, I was surprised she showed any form of worry for me being that I lied to her about something major.

"He'll stay with me until I get rid of the gang. Then you can have him back, and be on your way. I need her with me, she's a prisoner, she'll do as I say. If things get messy I need a good shot with me." Han explained, Chewbacca complained saying he was good enough of a shooter to get the job done.

Solo turned to the wookie, "I know you're just as good, but it's a gang we're up against." he argued. Chewie just let out a soft whimper.

"Okay, well what about the rathtars? Where are you keeping them?" Finn asked hurriedly. There was a bang on the wall behind us, the three of us startled screamed. Turning behind us, there was an enormous eye of a beast looking at us.

"There's one." Solo said, nonchalantly pointing at it.

"Well what are you going to do?" Rey recomposed herself, beginning to climb down into the vent.