III: Mercy

Already, an hour later I was suited up once more. But not in my uniform. This mission I needed to look like a civilian. Instead, I wore broken down brown leather boots. Black tight pants. A form fitting white top, with loose flowing sleeves that nearly covered my hands. I wore a brown robe that was more like a vest, with a hood. And the blue and green amulet my parents had given me for my last birthday with them. My wavy hair was tied up with small braids running through it. Misguided hairs defined my face. I looked the part.

My blasters full. Staff was rested at my hip, in what seemed to look like the hilt of a light saber. But all was hidden by my robes. Confidently I strolled throughout the ship. Earning nods, and returning them to my fellow soldiers. They knew even as innocent as I looked currently, I was just as lethal. What the men and women who held similar positions as me failed to learn.

Was running around in a known bounty hunter suit would get you caught or killed faster. In this case I blended. And that's just as powerful, becoming one with the crowd.

As I approached the hanger, I could sense a dark aurora looming behind me.

"Afternoon, lord Kylo Ren." I spoke automatically. Slowly, he marched besides me. Never once looking at me, but I stared at him. Him and I were alike. Not because we're both on the same side. Or were shut off.

Rather the fact we both knew, in the bottom of our hearts. There was still light in us, and yet we continue to choose to ignore it. But there's the difference, I can admit. I know what I'm doing is wrong, but, I do it for the fact an x-wing fires on an innocent home. Accident or not, they're skillfully trained. Kylo Ren on the other hand believes what he's doing is right.

"I expect your mission to go smoothly. No mistakes." He ordered. Ignoring the fact he had anger issues, as we all know, I rolled my eyes. Walking off with the sass I was raised with.

"Yeah, yeah. Just shut up and let me do my job."

My ship was small, like my appearance, it's meant to blend in. Flying into the market won't be as hard and noticeable if I were to take an imperial one seater. My BB-7 unit was already hooked into my ship. He beeped at me as I approached. Smiling at him, I hopped in. Closing the hatch, I rubbed my amulet. Praying this would be fast. I was meant to arrive on Jakku 45 minutes before the small fleet does.

This mission however, was only to scope out the area of a small village. And locate Lor San Tekka.

Approximately 15 minutes later I was landing just outside the village. Another ship was already here, and I could faintly make out the Resistance x-wing.

I turned on my communicator, "this is Kou reporting from the face of Jakku. There's a Resistance pilot already at the village."

The radio crackled, "roger that, stay alert."

Sheesh. No good job? Or thanks for the heads up that there could be a squadron nearby. Pushing away my ego, I got out of my ship.

"BB, keep the ship neutral in case we need to get out of here." I called out as I walked to the village. He beeped agreeing, and warning me to be safe. It's amazing how smart some droids can really be.

Putting my hood up, I walked calmly into the village. Smiling at the people who lived there, and they smiled back so kindly. It's a shame they don't know that one of their own would join the millions of others in the Force tonight. I took my time waking around, I was in no rush to create any suspicion. Other than the smiles I'd receive, I also came across some curious stares.

And yet, these people already knew me. Jakku was under our control, as most planets already were. But here I am, acting as one of theirs. Without them knowing I could wipe out this entire village.

I thought of my small farm town, as much as I didn't want to, how we all knew one another. We all took care of one another. Sold our harvest in the city together. My leg was knocked into roughly, spinning to look at whomever disrupted me. But no one was there, and then there was a chorus of beeping coming from below me. Looking down, there was a orange and white BB-8 unit.

Crouching down I examined him, interesting. He looked nothing like mine. He was adorable, mine was a badass. Footsteps quickly came up behind me.

"I'm so sorry Miss. That's my droid unit-"

"BB-8" I finished for the man speaking, as I stood up to face him, my hood shifting to better reveal my face. I won't deny, he was a beautiful man other than the wear and tear life has done for him. He was most definitely older than I. Maybe by five years. And I have to say, his leather jacket looked good on him. Even in the dark.

"How do you know?" He asked.

Shrugging, "I have one of my own." He continued to stare at me. Studying my features. Growing uncomfortable under his stare, I shifted awkwardly.

"Is there a reason you're deliberately looking at me?" I sassed him, crossing my arms. Cloak shielding my body. The man shook his head, placing one hand on his hip. The other rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry, you just look really familiar." He answered. "You look a lot like my friend back at, uh, where I'm staying." He's too obvious with trying to hide something. I ignored it. He's not important to my mission. Looking around, them back to him. I had a small smile on, too rehearsed.

"Well, nice meeting you. I'll be on my way." I announced.

Waking away from the two, "wait, I didn't catch your name!" He called out.

Turning around, I stood ten yards from him. Thinking, I carefully picked it.

"Ava. Ava Yuval." A girl I grew up with. She wouldn't mind me using her name, right? He smiled at me.

"Poe Dameron, best pilot in the galaxy. Pleasure to meet you." He smirked. I faked one last smile.

Turning once more I continued on my path. I could hear the BB-8 unit beeping, as they continued on their own. Oh, if the poor man knew telling me his name would decide his fate. It wouldn't be by my hands, but whatever was coming from the stars.

May the gods have mercy on you Poe Dameron

Finally, I had reached my destination. And as I could hear. So did Poe, he spoke with Lor San Tekka about Luke Skywalker. Checking my wrist, my watch showed that the imperial ships would be here in twenty minutes. Quickly I placed the tracker on the outside of the tent. Turning it on, the outside wall of the tent shook slightly.

"What was that?" I could hear the pilot question. His steps nearing the wall.

"The wind, boy. Nothing but wind at night. Let it be. You already have your droid keeping watch." Lor San Tekka said sternly. If only I could chuckle, it was no wind. Silently I crept away.

Strolling one last time through the village, people still bustling about. A sad feeling loomed in my heart. These people will be in for a scare. But it's only one man we want. Everything will go back to normal in a week for them. I could hear ships landing. Villagers gathered with worry, and I joined them. Acting fearful, with concern in my eyes. Though I knew I was in no trouble.

And that's when I saw Poe run towards his ship.

Get out of here idiot