Chapter Eight

When I wanted to post this chapter, I got a message on this website that stated Wattpad wasn't working properly. But now, I think it's okay.   :)   Enjoy chapter eight.

"I could've got them!" Felix mentions. He clenches his hands into fists.

"You think you could have saved your friends in less than five seconds?" Kohut asks. Felix pauses. His hands relax and he lowers his head.

"No," he answers. Kohut pats his back.

"Sorry about your game," he says. The soldier then walks off without another word. Tamora can thank him for stopping Felix later.

People in Game Central Station make their way to their games because the plug being pulled was a sign that Mr. Litwak is here. If he sees a game without any characters on the screen he would get suspicious. But Tamora, Felix, and Vanellope don't care right now. Soon, they are the only three in Game Central Station besides the surge protector and the bonus level characters from Fix-It Felix Jr, who are all the way on the other side of the station.

"Guys, there's no point in staring," Tamora says after a moment. Felix takes his attention off of the area where his game was and he looks up at his wife with dread in his eyes.

"I didn't tell the Nicelanders," he quietly mentions. Tamora kneels down to hug him. The hug isn't as pleasant as the one she gave him last night because she has on her armor now, but it's still comforting to Felix. Once her arms wrap around him, Felix decides that he can't bear holding in his emotions any longer. He blames himself for the deaths of all the Nicelanders, so he sobs while hugging Tamora back as tight as he can. Watching Felix cry practically breaks Tamora's heart, but at least he's not keeping it bottled up inside-which is unhealthy.

Vanellope doesn't notice the handyman in tears. She has her own problems. Still staring at the socket with big eyes, she prays. She prays to Litwak that Fix-It Felix Jr will come back one day. She prays that the Nicelanders and especially Ralph will somehow be alright. She prays Ralph will come back to her, even though it seems impossible.

But what are the chances of any of that coming true? Once a game's gone, it's gone.

"I--" Vanellope tries to keep from crying, too, "I gotta go." she finally says. She begins to slowly walk back to her game, but Tamora gently grabs her arm while still holding Felix close to her.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Ralph," Tamora says softly. Vanellope's eyes water as Tamora continues, "He's gonna be okay. You have to be strong for him, though. Promise me that."

Vanellope wipes her tears away with her sleeve. "I promise," she replies. Tamora smiles at her. Now, Vanellope feels bad that Felix is sobbing right now. His back is turned to her and he has his face buried in his gloved hands. Vanellope's about to tap him on the shoulder, but she hesitates. She worries that whatever she says will make him feel worse.

So she doesn't say anything. She just quietly turns around with her head down and she walks by herself back to Sugar Rush. She needs some time to herself.

As see walks alone down the dark tunnel layered with copper wires to Sugar Rush Speedway, Vanellope lets a single tear slip past her cheek. How is she suppose to be strong? She just lost her best and closest friend. No, Ralph was more than a friend to her. He was like her parental figure. He was like a father almost. And now he's long gone.

Vanellope walks across part of a cocoa powder race track to get to her castle. She doesn't even notice three racers zooming right towards her in their candy karts.

"Vanellope!! LOOK OUT!!" Candlehead calls.

Ssccrreeeeeecchh!

Candlehead, Taffyta, and Rancis each slam their feet on their breaks.

"Whoa!" Vanellope shouts. She glitches out of the way and the three racers immediately stop their karts.

"What gives, V.?!" Taffyta says, throwing her hands in the air.

"Sorry, sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going," Vanellope replies quietly.

Candlehead frowns, "You okay? You look sad."

Vanellope stuffs her hands in her hoodie pocket and kicks a small rock with her foot.

"I'm fine," she answers. "Just a rough start on the day, I guess."

"You're not fine," Taffyta argues, stepping out of her pink kart. "You never frowned like that before. What's up?"

Candlehead and Rancis join on either side of Taffyta. They look concerned for Vanellope.

"I don't want to talk about it," Vanellope says behind her teeth.

"Come on, V--"

"I don't want to talk about it!" Vanellope yells. The three racers take a few steps back. Vanellope glitches in place a bit. She startled herself when she raised her voice so suddenly. Taffyta, Candlehead, and Rancis stare at her for a moment. Then Vanellope glitches out of sight before they can see her cry.

She's not strong enough.

Poor Vanellope. She lost Ralph-that's so SAD!! Oh, and poor Felix, too. (I almost forgot about him. Heh, heh) The next two chapters focus on him. How could I forget??