Sweet As Sugar

Song of the chapter- Sugar by IshDARR
________________________________

The two sisters ditched the family scene to catch up on some sibling bonding time. And what better place to do so than the infamous Pop's diner?

A few hours passed as the two exchanged words and bubbling laughter, but it felt like forever in the time they spent catching up on the latest gossip.

Once the roaring laughs died down Betty came up with the best idea as she was swirling around the straw of her beverage.

"Sooo I was thinking that we should celebrate you coming home. How would you feel about a welcoming party?" Her cool blue eyes flickered up from her drink to her sister.

Mid-sip into her malt milkshake the sister nearly choked hearing the words fly out from Betty's mouth, struggling to contain herself. "I'm sorry- a what now?"

"A party! I want to make sure that your arrival doesn't go unnoticed. Besides, it would be the perfect opportunity to meet everyone."

"I don't think so Betty," Lolanthe shut her down immediately.

"Why not," she whined. "Don't you want to meet your brother?"

"Not exactly."

"But why?"

"Because I don't think I'm ready to. I mean- what if he doesn't accept me?"

"What are you talking about, you're his sister."

"Yeah, his sister that he never even met. I'm practically a stranger to him." Sighing, she rested her chin on her fist.

As if on cue the pristine Veronica came rushing through the door. Turning her head from the left and then to the right she spotted her perky best friend, approaching the table she was occupying.

She pressed her palms firmly upon the table. "Betty! There you are, I've texted you like six times and you haven't answered once!" Then her eyes wandered to the opposite end of the booth where Lolanthe sat. "Oh, who's this?"

"Veronica, this is my sister. Lolanthe. Lolanthe, meet Veronica."

V raised her brows in surprise, looking slightly puzzled. "Wait- you mean sister as in like- a secret sister?"

Betty nodded with the most adorable little grin plastered on her face. "Precisely."

The raven haired gal took a moment to glance over the mystery girl. "Wow Betty, she looks just like you. Hell, she even dresses just like you! It's- "

"Like looking in the mirror," the blondes simultaneously spoke.

Betty slid further into the booth, patting the seat next to her for her other half to sit.

"So, what are you two gossiping about," V questioned curiously.

"I was just telling Lolanthe how I wanted to throw her this welcoming party now that she's staying here for good, but she won't go for it."

"What? Why not? That sounds like fun!"

Using her eyes, Lolanthe subtly pleaded her sister not to mention the whole 'Jughead is my brother' thing to her.

In return Betty narrowed her eyebrows, her eyes sassily rolling backwards. Her expression was so judgmental it could kill. "Well- she's worried that some people won't be so accepting of her."

"That's ridiculous." She averted her eyes to the platinum blonde opposite her. "People are going to love you! I just met you and I think you're sweet as sugar."

Ver gasped due to a thought that occurred to her, smiling all cutesy. "We can have the party at my house!"

"You mean at the Pembrooke? Really Veronica? Wow, thank you!"

"Anything for my girl."

The two stared towards each other and then focused their attention on the Betty clone.

"So, what do you say," asked Betty.

Both of the girls were so full of hope that Lolanthe was too afraid of crushing their spirits to say no. "Fine. Fine. We'll have the party."

B and V squeaked in excitement, though V appeared to be a bit too excited while she clapped her hands together repeatedly.

"Listen, I hate to ruin this heartwarming moment you two are having- but Betty can we go home now? I suffered through the most exhausting flight earlier and I could really use a hot shower."

"Yeah of course sis." Veronica stood up to let Betty out. "Sorry to cut this short V."

"Oh no worries! It'll give me time to start inviting people via text!"

The three waved goodbye, and in a moment's notice the pair disappeared out the door.

I just wanna say a quick thanks to my readers. I really appreciate those of you who liked my intro so much as to add the story to your reading list. I'm gonna try my best to make further chapters on a more intriguing level, so hopefully you guys will enjoy what I have in store. xx