It's Like Looking In A Mirror (Intro)

Song of the chapter- I Know You Feel It Too by phxntxm
________________________________

Quiet as a mouse, Betty, tired out from her painfully long school day, entered her home with the intention of immediately heading up to her room to evaluate her life's decisions in peace.

After her and Jughead's latest fight it had been difficult for the blonde to cope with the fact that he wanted her to stay away from him like that would protect her. Even just passing him by in the halls was painfully hard. It made her fragile heart hurt.

But upon stepping through the doorframe, from the corner of her eyes Betty noticed the two of her parents sitting on the couch as if they'd been waiting for her to walk through that door for hours. With a look of concern, she approached them with caution, worry evident in her voice as she spoke.

"Mom, dad. What's going on?"

They stood up from their previous spots on the couch. "Betty you're going to want to sit down for this," her father neglected her question.

"What, why? Is something wrong?" She shifted her eyes from one parent to the other, hoping to receive an answer, but alas, no avail. As the girl next door lowered into the couch cushion, her father spoke up once again.

"Your mother and I have a surprise for you."

With her face resembling that of a lost puppy dog, she arched a brow, now turning her attention to her mother.

"Mom, what is he talking about?"

Alice sighed heavily. "Elizabeth, we've been keeping a secret from you," she answered slowly and hesitantly, glancing over towards Hal, who nodded for her to continue.

"We were going to tell you, but we thought it'd be better if we just showed you instead."

"Come on out, honey," Hal's voice carried throughout the entire house.

Betty noticed their two sets of eyes avert to the wooden stairs behind her. Clear confusion in her expression, she rose up from the couch and swiftly pivoted herself so that she was facing them as well, her iconic ponytail swaying gently behind her.

Following the hollow click of heels against the planks came a girl slaying a straight, high ponytail that seemed similar to her own. The mystery girl wore a pale pink, flowy dress with a matching collar, set with nude Louboutins. Once her heels hit the living room floor, Betty couldn't help but approach her further, inspecting how alike their fashion sense was.

"Betty, this is your sister. Lolanthe," said Alice Cooper, this time with an ounce of confidence.

"I'm sorry-. Did you just say sister," Betty emphasized, whipping her ponytail around. "Let me get this straight. You guys knew about her this whole time, yet you kept it a secret from me?" She shot her mother an icy cold glare.

"We didn't tell you because she isn't Hal's daughter.

She's FP's."