Chapter 5: Pool Side

Eddie's POV

'Just a few more to go'. I keep repeating this phrase to myself as I glimpse over at the lineup of people waiting, a lineup that feels never ending. I hate the thought of blowing off fans who enjoy our music though, so we stay way past the projected time allotted for autographs. Normally I wouldn't mind doing this at all; It's never felt like a burden or a chore to me, I just see it as an opportunity to hang out with like-minded individuals. But today was different, I had a date.

It's around 6:30pm now, and everything is finally wrapped up. We load up the gear in the van and speed back to our place, where I now have roughly 30 minutes to prepare for dinner. As the van pulls into the driveway, I notice my palms are slightly sweaty, and a strange fluttering sensation keeps happening in my stomach. What the hell is going on with me lately?

It's a few minutes after 7 when I hear the door bell ring out, and I make my way over to the front entrance before any of the guys have a chance to. I open the door to a very pleasant sight; A dish of delicious looking desert snuggled in between the hands of my beautiful date. Inhaling a sharp breath, I take in the sight of her; A tight, short black dress over top of black nylons with a dark green leather jacket. Of course I invite her in, taking the dish from her soft hands.

 Of course I invite her in, taking the dish from her soft hands

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I glance down at my own attire and feel slightly under dressed. Upon arriving home I had ditched the plaid shirt and black shorts, and instead wore a black shirt, navy jacket, black pants, and tucked my hair tightly in a cap. She peels her jacket off, and my gaze starts at her petite shoulders and runs downward. She bends over to slip her combat boots off, and I rest my eyes on her backside. I don't stare too long; just enough to appreciate her, uh, assets.

We make our way into the house where she requests a little tour of the accommodations. I'm more than happy to kill some time as the dinner finishes, so I agree. We start in the living room and make our way through the first floor; then we head upstairs, briefly stepping into my room. Eventually we walk back downstairs into the kitchen. I grab the steaks, and unlock the patio door to throw them on the barbecue. While the steaks cook, we chat away over a glass of red wine.

---

We finish up the meal and join Jeff, Stone, Mike, and Dave who are all hanging out in the living room watching a film. As we take over the love seat, I rest my one arm over her shoulders while she snuggles up to me. My other hand I lay on her thigh, the soft material of her dress shifting slightly under my fingertips as I start mindlessly tapping away. I didn't realize my tapping had turned into small strokes until I felt her tense up underneath me. Her body language had drastically changed, as I felt her begin to pull away from me.

"Excuse me." she whispers, quickly wriggling out of my embrace.

She jets up from the couch and be-lines it to the backdoor leading to the patio. None of the other guys notice her strange behavior, as they are all immersed in the movie. Knowing that she doesn't smoke, I found it strange that she took off outside like that. Then I look down to see her 3rd glass of wine empty, and start to wonder if maybe that's the culprit.