Chapter 14

3rd person:

(A town near the main city....)

"Would you like the dessert menu?"
The girl , olive skin and brown hair, asked the couple sitting in the booth.
"No thanks, we'll be off" Handing her their money.

The door swung shut and the girl sighed.
She had been working here for a few months, not that she wanted to.
She cleared up the table as it was closing time and switched the lights off.
Making sure to lock the doors, she made her way upstairs, to where her apartment was.

Her place was messy, there were horrible stains on the walls that she'd prefer not to know how they appeared.

10 minuites later she was changed into her normal comfortable clothes.

"Are you home?!" A loud booming voice yelled.
She flinched but didn't reply.
Then the door flew open and in came a man.
"When will you learn fucking manners!" He slapped her.
She didn't even try to run. It had happened before a lot of times.
"What do I have to do to get a god damn word out of you?"
She shook her head slightly.
You see, the girl hadn't spoken a single word for months. Not a word. Ever since the last hopes of a happy life disappeared, she just couldn't find the words without crying.
The man rolled his eyes and paced the room.
"I don't even know why I let you live here. Your just as worthless as what my brother told me about you."
He slapped her again.
"Well, I suppose he did make me promise I would look after you if he went"
Then he sat down next to the girl.
"You're lucky I got you before they threw your body under the dirt. Only your family would recognise wether you were actually alive or not"

The girl silently nodded,tears rolling down her cheek.

"You're so pathetic, I bet you don't even remember your name"

"I do" She whispered.

The man looked shocked. She actually spoke.

"What's your name then?" He taunted, not believing she would say another word.

"Layla. Layla Parker"

Sorry I  haven't  updated in so long. Shit happens. Deal with it. Or more like, I'm trying to deal with it.