Chapter 7

Shanti's POV

     Things are better. Admittedly, Andrew and I rarely have vanilla sex, but things are getting better. It is rare for him to ever punish me, of present. Grudgingly, I must also admit that I do miss the stinging, tingling, and erotic sensation of his hand against my backside. He has become tender, almost loving even. At my own musings, I let out an unladylike snort. What do I know about loving? I don't even think I know what love is... I sigh as my mind drifts from the house I was currently cleaning to memories of my childhood.

*Twelve Years Ago*

     I sat there, looking out the window at my brothers. They were enjoying their selves again. Playing, being carefree. All the things I was not allotted as I was the only daughter. The ruler that banged my desk brought me back from my day dream. My professor, an elderly, stout, strict, Russian lady, scowled at me.

     "How you expect to make good wife if you no pay attention!?" She said in a thick Russian accent.

     She smacked the ruler onto my desk once more making me jump. I just stared up into her mean, scowling, face without uttering a single word. I was only eight for Pete sakes. And yet I had never experienced anything like a normal child would. This was common amongst the females of my culture. But my parents were stricter with me. I had more restriction than any of the other girls. It was more than being protective. It was being overbearing.

     As a child, I was not allowed to talk to any male that was not family. Not even the male servants or doctors. My mother was a tyrant when it came to my health and physique. I was not allowed to eat certain things. Hell, I never knew the taste of chocolate!

     My professor continued lecturing my on how to cook, clean, and act like a lady. I was forced to endure these lectures as well as going to regular school. School. What an ordeal that had been! I remember the young guard my father had hired to shadow me. As usual, I was not allowed to speak to him, nor he to me.

     Being the diligent daughter that I was, I sucked it up and endured my lonesomeness. I can also recall our "family dinners" - if one could even call it that. We would sit at our large, dark glossy painted, oak dinning table. Father sat at the head, Mama at his right, Carter and Kane sat on his left speaking animatedly to him of their recent hunting trips, while I sat at the farthest end.

     It was a quiet, lonesome, affection less upbringing for me. My father was more lenient towards my older brothers. He showed them emotion and feeling, as did Mother.  I was the one who was put up on a pedestal, untouched, unloved, and at a loss of communication.

     I was a distant island, uninhabited and deserted.

*Present*

     I was at the sink washing dishes. Lost in the thoughts of my childhood. The thoughts were already making me draw into myself. Making me feel hollow and cold. My hands worked as if on autopilot. Scrubbing the same plate over and over and over. I wasn't paying attention. I was looking out the window above the sink. I was looking past the beautiful scenery of the garden out back to my long passed childhood. I was looking at my brothers play, feeling like that eight year old girl with the black and brown pigtails. I let out a sigh that was heavy and coated with my melancholy. 

Andrew's POV

     Things are looking up. With each passing day, I feel closer to her. Even though I still can't fully let her in, letting her know the half is good enough. When I arrive home, I hear her cleaning in the kitchen.  Sitting my suit jacket and briefcase on the couch, I walk in. Her back is to me. She's looking ahead of her, out the window instead of the dish in her hands. Her head never drops down to her task, nor do her hands stop the continuous motion of cleaning the plate.

     What is she looking at? I walk up behind her slowly. I look over her shoulder trying to get a glimpse of what could have possibly captivated her so much it could leave her in a trance like state. Once I am at her side, I see nothing but the garden out back that she has planted.

     Flowers? She can't be looking at the damn flowers. Can she?

     Placing my hands on her shoulders, I feel her jump. The tension left her body once she realized it was me.

     "God! Andrew, you startled me!" I breathed out. She looked down at the plate in her hands and turned on the water. Rinsing it off, her hair caressed her face. I reached out and tucked it behind her ear. Leaning forward I kissed the crook of her neck and felt her shudder.

     "I apologize for frightening you. I just wanted to see what you were staring at." I said honestly. She turned around to dry the dish and put it away. She looked slightly paler than usual, there was no light in her usually luminous eyes. There was a smile on her face. It wasn't a heart felt one like all the others. This one was weary. Taking a step back I looked at her from a distance. Overall she looks pained.

     "Shanti are you ok?" I asked my brows knitting together. She looked flustered by my question. Stammering she attempted to reply.

     "I-I-I'm fine. I w-w-was just thinking about something." She said attempting a smile again, but it ended up being a grimace. Something was wrong and she refused to tell me. This doesn't sit well with me at all. That's cause it reminds you of her. My subconscious piped up snidely, referring to Carmen. My jaw clenched as I tried to ask her again.

     "Shanti, my sweet little kitten, I will ask you one more time. What is wrong?" I said as soothingly as I could through clenched teeth.Fear flashed through her otherwise dead eyes. She stepped back and bumped into the counter. I took a step forward effectively trapping her.

     She was cowering before me. Damn if I wasn't so pressed to know what was bothering her, I would have had her right here on the kitchen counter. I pushed my urges to the back of my mind. That can wait for later. I scolded myself. Scrutinizing her face I also saw worry. I leaned in close to her ear.

     "Please tell me?" I whispered before kissing the spot under them. She let out a soft whimper and shuddered. I trailed kisses along her neck and nipped her earlobe. She moaned. I was losing focus. Pulling away I looked at her again. I saw lust and desire. I waited patiently until she sighed.

     "I was honestly just thinking – of my childhood." She said. Her eyebrows furrowed and a crease formed on her forehead. Reaching up and smoothing out the crease, I leaned forward and pressed a kiss on her forehead.

     "Don't frown or worry, you're too young to have worry-lines." I said as soothingly as possible. I pull away as she begins to laugh, looking at her face. I relax once I see the light returns to her eyes.

A/N:

Sorry for it being so short! Was planning on making it longer, but I couldn't. This was just a tender filler.

Anyway, tell me what you think! Comment, vote, fan! :)

-Tabii XD

Updated: 6.1.16