Chapter 5

Shanti's POV     

     We left the island a week later and returned to Andrew's condo. We were preparing for our first social gathering as "man and wife". Andrew has left me to prepare myself. I sat before the vanity mirror applying a light touch of makeup to make my eyes look more prominent. I was about to apply my eye shadow when I saw Andrew's reflection.

      He stood at the far end of the room fully clothed in all black. His eyes bored into mine through my reflection. There was something in his gaze. It was as if there was something he was searching for. Something he can't have, but desperately wants and needs. Although his gaze held lust and pure carnal desire, there was something else. I just didn't know what it was.

      He walked towards me slowly. Once he stood directly behind me, his hands traveled down the length of my spine. Despite the fabric on my dress, I could feel the tingles, and they made me shudder and gasp softly. His hands caressed my soft skin. Everywhere his hands touched were set ablaze. The heat from his touch coursed through me, making me weak.

      I couldn't help the moan that escaped me lips. The low growl that came from the back of his throat frightened me. "Not yet minx. Our fun shall come later, once we are alone again." I shudder once again at the meaning behind his words. He bent down and kissed the crook of my neck. Once again engulfing me in the fiery pit of my own desires.

     We sat amongst Andrew's friends. They all stared at me with various expressions. Two of the women glared, one looked curious, and all of the men – save for Andrew –  just gawked. I felt self conscious and kept my gaze averted. As Andrew continued to speak to his friends, I tuned it all out and stared at the intricate pattern on the table cloth. A cough caught my attention. I looked up to see everyone staring at me.

     I thanked blushed a deep crimson. "Pardon, my thoughts have seemed to wander off." I said, not meeting their gazes again. I felt Andrew grab my hand from where it lay in my lap and give it a gentle squeeze. I looked up at him.

     "Mark was just asking you if you visited Distali recently." His eyes glanced towards the man next to him. I nodded once. "Yes actually, very recently. I went to see my parents." Mark in turn nodded to my easy lie.

     Andrew's hand had left my hand and traveled to my thigh. He squeezed it just as lightly, and reassuringly as he had done to my hand. I watched, discreetly, as his hand fondled the skin beneath the white material of my dress. His touch had my pulse racing. My thigh was immediately heated by the way his hands caressed my thigh. It had me thinking of our wedding night. He was so gentle at first, then wanting with need. Oh how that changed so quick. Images of our intense fucking flashed through my mind. The thoughts nearly made me blush. I concentrated at the task at hand. Being a presentable wife.

     The blond woman who sat in front of me - I think her name is Hannah - scrutinized me with disdain. Her eyes narrowed making her blue eyes turn into tiny slits. I hardly even know her but I can tell she already doesn't like me. I clear my throat. "Excuse me, but have I done something to upset you?" I asked as politely as possible.

     She seemed taken aback at first. She then composed herself and sneered, "Ha, you just don't get it do you?"

     "I don't think I understand." I noticed the brunette next to her smirk.

     "What are you trying to prove with her, Andrew?" Hannah ignored me. Her icy glare bore into Andrew's face. I felt him stiffen. The pressure he had on my thigh increased. I clenched my teeth to refrain from yelping.