Chapter: 7

v i i. Heels in the Studio

"Alright everyone, let's do that bit again!" Claudimar, our dance captain, yelled as we all got to our places and the music for the dance break of "Nothing Feels Like You" started.

As choreographed, the dancers came up and took our microphones, or water bottles in this case, and we did our little shuffle as planned. After a couple more moves into the rehearsal, heels echoed through the dance studio and the music was turned off.

"Alright ladies, I've got some news for you. It's kind of important so once you're all done catching your breath, seeing that you're all out of shape, I would like your attention." Lucifer's little pet stood infront of the control panel for the music, a hand on her hip. Swalked towards the mirrors to check the unflattering makeup on her face.

"Cindy, we'd appreciate it if you'd stop coming around in heels. You're ruining the floors." She walked towards the mirrors to check the unflattering makeup on her face, ignoring Claudimar's remark.

"We'd appreciate it even more if you didn't come around at all." Jesy, having the most confidence in saying whatever she pleased, whispered under her breath. There were quiet snickers coming from everyone until she turned around and raised a perfectly arched eyebrow. The dancers cleared their throats and walked away over to the other wall, pretending to be drinking from their water bottles.

Cindy tilted her head and narrowed her eyes at us four, the annoying clacking of her shoes sounding towards us. "What did you say?" 

We glanced at each other then turned to her smiling. "You know, you shouldn't be wearing heels in a dance studio." I said, treading off topic.

She tore her piercing blue eyes away from Jesy and took a step closer to me. "Since when did you have the balls to talk?" I lost my smile and looked down at her shoes.

"You really shouldn't be wearing heels." I said again, not joking this time. "You'll damage the floor and will have to pay for it."

"Especially since dear Lucy won't care to pay for your ass." Jesy butted in, which I'm thankful for, and the attention was off of me. Cindy glared at her but didn't dare to say a word. She had nothing to pull against Jesy, who would most likely win or get out of any argument she started.

Huffing, she slung her purse higher up her arm and flipped her long blonde hair over her shoulder. "Whatever, I didn't come here to be disrespected by some preteens. I have important things to get done." We jokingly scoffed at the word "preteen" and the distant laugh of the dancers was heard. Cindy turned her head and they tried to cover it with coughs again.

"You do know that we're all well over fifteen don't you?" Leigh questioned with a small smile, taking a sip from her water bottle.

Rolling her eyes, Cindy dismissed her statement and continued. "Lucifer said that the board directors for the tour went over your set list and well, there's a change in plans. It isn't going to be enough."

"What do you mean it isn't going to be enough? We have fifteen songs picked out for our act!" Perrie yelled in her face as the dancers rushed over to hear what else was left for her to say.

"Your time slot has been extended and you'll be needed to fill it. Simple as that. The new set will be expected to be done and on their desk by the end of the week." She nonchalantly spilled the information out, focusing on her ruby red nails that were starting to chip.

"Now that you know, I'm off to the salon. Lia, book me an appointment within the next ten minutes. Thanks." Lia is Lucifer's original assistant, Cindy being the person he uses to do his dirty work. Poor girl was snatched by the witch herself to be bossed around from sunup to sundown.

"Of course." Lia's small voice came out a little over a whisper as she fished in her purse for her phone. Once Cindy turned around, walking out without another word, Lia rolled her eyes and handed me an envelope.

"Here's the information about the new time you have to fill. The edited set is needed by next Saturday not the end of this week, since that would only leave you with two days to get this done. That woman really doesn't know what she's talking about. She just wanted a kick at you girls since you're the only ones whoever talk back to give her a reality check. You have a little under a week to get this in, sorry." She sent us an apologetic smile and walked out while on the phone booking Cindy's appointment. 

Everyone gathered around as we stared at the envelope currently in my hands, which was just another thing to add to the list of things thrown at us at random. Taking in a deep breath, I opened it and pulled out the paper inside, skimming over paragraphs until I would get to the time changes.

"Due to minor modifications and abrupt changes in the original tour scheduling, each act will be given an expected surplus of time consisting of one hour to occupy. Supplementary songs will be accepted to fill said time, as will revisions to the original set list. No later will the altered set(s) be acknowledged nor considered after 8:30 AM on Saturday, February 15."

I removed my eyes from the page after I finished reading it aloud and met everyone's overwhelmed expressions. "So what now?" I asked my three best friends as they shook their heads.

Leigh breathed out a small laugh and looked to Perrie and Jesy. "How should we know? You're always the one to figure these things out. What do you suggest?" I shrugged my shoulders, clueless to what we could do to improvise an entire extra hour.

"Now look here, Jade doesn't have to bear all the responsibilities. There are four of us, you know." Perrie hung her arms around my shoulders and gave me a loose hug. "Let's all think of a way to fill the extended time here."

"Extended..." I whispered to myself under my breath as an idea came to mind. "Extended! Perrie you're a genius!" I yelled louder, pulling the blonde into a hug tighter than the previous one.

"Thank you Jade, but what did I do?"

I looked at all of them and smiled, jumping a little. "Okay look, this may seem like a lot more work but it's our best shot."

"Well get on with it would you!" Jesy pushed, using one of her many strange accents that never ceases to amaze me.

"Instead of adding and learning more songs, we extend the current ones we have already!" I excitedly exclaimed, the girls thinking it over.

Leigh Anne leaned her arm on Jesy's shoulder, looking skeptical "And how do you suppose we do that?"

"We add more dance breaks, remix some parts, additional endings and maybe have the screens play longer as intros and entrances. Of course this won't all be up to us but what do you say?"

The three looked at each other with smug expressions, leaning in closer. "I say we show everybody what a real girl band is."

&

a u t h o r ' s n o t e

yo I'm back and I'm so very sorry for not updating.

ive decided to delete wanted because I wrote it in my carrot days and it really was terrible but don't worry I have it saved!

This is shorter than I was aiming for but at least I updated...

chapter: if it wasn't obvious, since I can't write shit, everyone's trying to pull things against little mix every chance they get

characters: Lucifer Montoy is played by Wes Bently, Cindy is played by Denise Richards, and Lia is played by Janel Parrish

picture: Cindy Widener played by Denise Richards

update: I changed the cover and description for this book (feedback?). I also changed my profile and user (btw I'm thinking of making a 5sos fanfic but I idk if I should do luke or ashton so comment which one)

thank you for +2.4k reads!

comment and vote?

-November 22, 2014-