Chapter: 1

i. boyfriends and cupcakes

"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea...I have a boyfriend and I can't take it that I'm some how going behind his back. What's Sam going to think?" Tears brimmed my eyes as the thought of losing the love of my life crossed my mind and all I wanted waas the ground to swallow whole.

"Jade, don't think like that! Sam knows that you aren't really dating Harry." Perrie's soothing voice came through the speakers of my laptop as she and the other girls, Leigh Anne and Jesy, gave me warming smiles.

"Yeah, Sam trusts you and is sensible enough to know that you would never cheat, not in a relationship, not in anything."

"But here I am! Throwing his trust out the window and going around with another guy!" I hung my head down in my hands and let my emotions take over, rendering Leigh Anne's remark to cheer me up useless.

"Don't cry, Jadey. He loves you and you love him. That's all that matters. Don't let some guy from that silly band get in the way."

"Hey! My fiancé is in that silly band!" Perrie yelled, whacking Jesy's arm as I laughed at the two and wiped my tears.

"Thanks guys. I guess I feel a little better." The three girls wore pride smiles as they looked at each other, grinning madly.

"Jade, remember, we're just a call away."

"If anything goes wrong ring us as soon as possoble."

"And if you don't, we'll find out. I got Zayn to keep an eye on you."

I nodded with a small smile. "Who's got the love?"

"Little Mix's got the love!" They screamed in response, reminding me of our first live show at Wembey when we were on X Factor.

"Bye, girls." I said waving to my laptop.

"Bye, we love you!" They blew kisses at the screen as I ended our Skype call. "Love you too." I whispered, shutting off my laptop as it sat lifelessly on my lap. Letting out a sigh, I tilted my head back against the bed board and closed my eyes as I got lost in thought.

They're right. Sam will understand and knows I love him and not Harry. We've been together for about two years now and I've loved every second of it. He's kind of in the same industry as me and so we can relate to each other on dilemmas and such. When he's on tour dancing in Diversity, I'm touring with my girls and that makes our relationship built truly on trust.

"Knock, knock." The door of the spare bedroom I was staying in slowly opened and light from the hallway spilled in. "Hi Jade, Perrie called and told me to keep up with you for her." His lips tugged into a smile as her name rolled off his tongue, causing my eyes to focus on my lap. The idea of agreeing, well more like being blackmailed, to stay here was starting to look like a big mistake. "Want to talk about it?" I nodded as I felt the bed dip and turned my head to see him lying next to me.

I rested my head on his shoulder as I let out a breath of air. "I don't want to do this, Zayn. I feel terrible for Sam having to see me with Harry. He deserves better and I'm not that. I'm a cheating bitch." A tear escaped my eye as I realized that I was just that. Why would he want to be with someone like me? I can't even stick up for myself, let alone us.

"That's the most rubbish thing I've heard all day. You're the best he's ever going to get. We all know this is just a stunt meant to boost ratings and the only ones oblivious to it are the fans and media. I'm sure Sam above all knows this." He wrapped his arm around me, giving me a loose side hug. It's times like this that makes me happy that I have a brother figure like Zayn away from home.

"Are you sure? What if he breaks up with me because he thinks I'm a whore that goes around guys when he's not around? I am basically living with Louis and Harry for the next year and a half, and let's not forget that I practically have to go on tour with you guys." I sniffled as Zayn shifted his body in front of me and held me by my shoulders.