"What happened to you?" She looked at me skeptically causing me to raise my eyebrow in confusion. "You just seem happier all of the sudden. What happened and don't bullshit me because I know you Y/N. And I know when you're lying so don't even try it, or saying anything like 'nothing.'" The older girl pointed her finger at me as I laughed lightly at her. Camila perked up at our conversation and leaned over as both girls awaited my answer.

"Can I not be happy for once?" I scoffed playfully but both girls were not impressed. It seemed like they both looked at one another before rolling their eyes and turning their attention back towards me. Normani leaned herself on the desk in order to make herself comfortable as she gave me a dirty look that was of course in a playful manner. "Okay Fine you caught me, but I'm still not telling you what happened." I pointed between the both of them as they began to whine childishly. When Camila and Normani had started to beg me to tell them I left the patient chart on the desk as I walked away with of a roll of my eyes yet a smile on my face. I headed towards the next patient that was already waiting for me so that I could continue my excruciatingly long day at work while trying to avoid my two prying co-workers.

Soon enough the end of the day came and the last patient was out the door. I sat down in my office chair with a sigh of exhaustion before closing my eyes and leaning my head back against the chair. I started to respond to patient emails and complete as much work on my computer as I could but I hadn't realized how long I had been there until Normani came into my office, already dressed to go home. "Y/N come on." She spoke softly to catch my attention. I looked up and raised my eyebrow at her. "You can finish that later, just head home already."

"Yeah I'll leave in a bit." I nodded my head one time. Normani hesitated before finally bidding her goodbye to leave me alone in my office once more. I sighed to myself before getting up a couple minutes later to gather all of my things. I turned off all the lights before letting myself out of the building to walk towards my car. I got settled and started off towards my house with my phone playing music throughout the car on the way. As soon as I pulled into the driveway my phone signaled that I had gotten a text so I opened it to see Clara's name displayed on the screen. She mentioned this weekend and me spending time with Lauren so I immediately responded to confirm that I would be there.

I locked my phone and put it in my pocket before getting out of the car and gathering my stuff with a smile on my face. I headed towards the front door and unlocked it so that I could step inside the house and lock the door again behind me. My phone started vibrating in my pocket so I had to pull it out again to see Clara calling me. I answered it in confusion before trying to put my stuff away where it went. "Hello?"

"Hi Y/N/N!" I should've known it was Lauren. Instantly a smile spread upon my face and a small laugh left my lips at the new nickname she had given me. I milled around my house putting everything in its place while clutching my phone to my ear as I heard the younger girl ramble on about what had happened to her since we last talked. Eventually I had finished putting everything away and changing into comfier clothes so I made my way to the couch in the living room so I could sit down and finish my conversation with Lauren. "-and then I saw- I saw that my mom was texting- was texting you so I asked if I could- if I could call you."

"Wow Lauren, sounds like you had lots of fun." I spoke softly and smiled to myself as I laid back on the couch. The smaller girl quickly agreed and stumbled upon more of her words while I just laid there and listened to her husky voice. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to get lost in the raspiness. No matter if it were over the phone or in person, Lauren's voice never failed to send shivers down my spine even if she didn't mean to do it. I didn't know I had completely zoned out until I heard Lauren calling my name several times. "Sorry, what?" I cleared my throat and gave her my attention.