Chapter 31

"Harry? What happened to your face?" 

"It's nothing." He mumbled, shaking the question off and stepping in. "What's this amazing smell? Are you cooking?" He turned around to look at me as I closed the front door after him quietly. I was so confused, not because Harry was here without letting me know, it was because of the bruises on his nose and left cheekbone. 

He was already in the kitchen, sitting on a chair and looking around as I walked in. "Harry-"

"Chicken curry I guess?" He interrupted. 

"Harry, won't you -"

"What's the second plate for?" He interrupted once again. "Were you waiting for someone else?" 

"Listen-"

"Is it that Liam guy?" He asked, his brows pulling together slightly. I was breathing heavily, trying to control my raising temper. He was acting like nothing was wrong with his appearance. "I didn't think you'd have other plans for-"

"HARRY!" I bellowed angrily. 

It was obvious that he wasn't expecting that, his head snapped up to look at me, he dropped the fork he was holding. My hands were shaking and I was already feeling worse for shouting him like that. I took a long, trembling breath before speaking. 

"You can't just do this to me." I said, my voice much lower this time. 

"Anne-"

"No!" It was my turn to interrupt. "You're coming at my door looking like you'd been beaten by Godzilla and expecting me to act like nothing weird is going on." Harry was listening me without even blinking his eyes, then he straightened on his seat and raised his brows. 

"I didn't know I had to explain myself to you." He said quietly. 

"What?" I ignored the ache his words caused in my chest. "Of course I need explanations, Harry. I want to know what happened."  

"Why?" 

"Because-" I said, trying to avoid my subconscious screaming about how selfish he was being. "Because I - I care about you." As soon as the words left my mouth Haley's speech about love echoed in my mind, I knew there was more than just caring, but this wasn't the right time to think about that. 

"Why are you having dinner with him?" Harry asked out of blue. 

I was speechless for a few seconds, I just stared at the boy who was sitting opposite to me. He didn't even care about what I was desperately trying to say, all he cared about was a little dinner. "You're unbelievable." I said, my temper rising once again but I managed to keep my voice calm. "You've never actually changed, have you?" I asked a little louder this time. I could see Harry's clenched fists under the table on his lap from where I was. "I thought you... you-"

"You knew Zayn is not coming back tonight and of course you jumped on the opportunity of spending your night with him!" He winced as he stopped speaking, the cut on the corner of his lip was looking worse. 

"You're disgusting!" I yelled, my voice shaking and it was getting harder to hold my tears back. "How could you-" But I was interrupted by a teardrop that fell on my cheek, I wiped it with the back of my hand quickly. "You didn't even call!" 

"WHY?" He yelled, making me startle. "TO HEAR HOW MUCH YOU WANT HIM?" 

"Harry..." I said but there was nothing to say. He thought I wanted Liam after all the things I'd done with him only a day ago. "You don't even know what you're saying."

"Do you love him?" He asked, his leg was shaking with anger, his voice was calm but somehow threathening. "Tell me Anne, do you want him?"

"I can't believe you're asking me this." I said and got out of the kitchen with quick steps to hide my tears. I could hear that he was following me, I walked into my room and closed the door behind me before he could walked in, I just wanted him to leave. Only fifteen minutes ago I was getting prepared for a dinner with my bestfriend and now I was crying in my room because of Harry's words.