Chapter 6

My alarm went off at 6 am. I moaned from the tapping sun light against my face, it was too early for me and I knew that I was going to be wandering around like a zombie whole day. I blinked, shut my eyes closed, blinked again. After a long and loud yawn, I finally managed to open both eyes. I sat up on my small bed and stretched my back before going up on my feet.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, I was afraid to look at the mirror and see myself. I definitely wasn't one of those girls who woke up looking cute or pretty. Zayn's door was closed, probably Haley was still in there with him. I walked back into my room to change. I opened my closet and my eyes found the white dress I was going to wear today. I picked it out and placed it on my bed. I could remember the first time I wore it. 

"I told you, you should wear dresses more often Annie, you look beautiful." my mothers blue eyes were shining with happiness as I walked into her room, wearing the dress she bought me for my birthday. She could hardly move any muscles but still, the look in her eyes was so lively, so bright. 

"I feel weird.." I looked at my own reflection into the mirror and turned around. She was right, I was looking beautiful, weird but beautiful. I was actually looking like her, I had no idea how wearing a dress made me look like her even more but it did. "But, you're right. I should wear them more often."  I said and smiled widely.

I never did wear dresses more often. This still was the only dress in my closet and I was wearing it once in a year, at my mothers death anniversaries. The dress was nice, it's skirt was up on my knees and it was covering my chest. But it didn't matter how beautiful it was, that dress was important because it was the last birthday gift my mother bought me. It was my last birthday I spent with my mother. 

I curled my hair and let it fell on my shoulders, after a little make up, I was done. I always wanted her to see me pretty, I knew she would love it, seeing me in this dress. I wore my black toms even though I knew they were looking ridiculous under my dress but I didn't really care and got out of my room. All I needed was a coffee before leaving for the cemetary, I could feel a headache was slowly sneaking into my head for waking up so early. 

"Good morning." Haley greeted me with her messy hair and sleepy voice as I walked into the kitchen. She was sitting on the counter and drinking her coffee. 

"Good morning." I said and poured myself a cup of coffee, it was still warm thanks to Haley. 

"Someone's looking beautiful." She said and smiled. "I'm sure seeing you happy like this will make Lily happy as well." She knew my mother and she was always so sweet to her, my mother loved Haley. 

"Yeah, thanks." I smiled and took a sip from my coffee.  

"It's cold, you should wear a coat or something, it looks like it's going to rain." Haley said and pointed out the window. The clouds were dark and looking heavy, I nodded quietly. 

I went back to my room to get my black coat, just as I was leaving I saw Zayn's door was open now and he was sleeping. I slowly walked in and placed a kiss on his forehead, his lashes flickered but he didn't wake up. 

"See you later Haley." I said as I walked pass the kitchen. 

"You too love." I heard she said. 

***

It was always weird to me, seeing my mothers name on the white marble stone. It had been two years since she passed away but I could never get used to seeing her name there. "Hey mum." I said as I sat on my knees next to the marble and took a deep breath. "I hope you can see me right now, I'm wearing the dress you bought me, again. I still feel weird in this." My lips curled up to a lazy smile. I didn't know what to say, there was so many things on my mind but I just couldn't find the right words.