Pandemonium

Alice took in a deep breath, looking up at FP before she turned and headed out to the living room, leaving him back by the bathroom. "Awwwww..." She exclaimed, approaching Hal with one of the twins. "Let me take him." She sweetly said when Hal handed her the baby in his arms. "My sweet, sweet Jason." She smiled down at her grandson, slightly bouncing him up and down. "Sh, sh, sh! It's okay." She whispered. "It's okay." She played with his pacifier in his mouth until he finally stopped crying and reached a hand up to touch his grandmother's face. Alice took hold of his hand and kissed it before finally looking up and around the room. She looked toward the hall and saw FP slowly returning to the living room. They made uncomfortable eye contact until FP looked back over to Chic.

"FP." Hal said with frustration in his tone, though he wasn't exactly that surprised to see him there.

"Hal." Mr. Jones nodded once to the man and walked over to his son.

Polly walked over to Betty with Gemini in her arms and she whispered to her little sister. "What is he doing here?" She searched around the room for another guest, though she did not see one. "Is Jughead here?"

"Nope." Betty said with a care free attitude all of a sudden. "We broke up." She said loud enough for the rest of the room to hear. Her tone shown how apathetic she was becoming as she couldn't take being depressed all the time anymore. She decided not to care from now on.

"You did?" Polly asked right away.

"Yupp." Betty nodded, pinching her lips together. "We're done."

"Smart choice, Betty." Hal said before receiving a glare from his soon-to-be ex wife.

"Thanks, Dad." Elizabeth sent him an annoyed smile before turning and heading toward the kitchen. Polly followed her.

"Well...." Chic began, looking at all three other adults. "This is a little awkward." He said with a laugh, finding the drama quite amusing actually.

"Hey, Chic." FP said, putting his arm around him. "What do you say we go to Pop's and get something to eat?"

"Wait, you-" Alice started, but then she stopped, looking over at Hal.

"No, no. That's fine, Alice. Go ahead." He pointed to FP and Chic. "Invite them to stay for dinner. I don't care."

"We really don't want to impose." Chic responded, starting to feel a bit awkward but also loving it.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Polly stood beside the table where Betty sat with her head in her hands. "Hey. Why is FP here if you and Jughead are over?" She asked, rocking Gemini.

"He came over for Mom." Betty sighed with her face still in her hands.

"Mom? Why?" Polly asked, looking into the living room at the other four.

"Why don't you ask her?" Betty said in a monotonous tone. "I'm tired."

"Hey...Mom?" Polly headed back to the family room. "Can I talk to you for a sec? In here?"

Alice looked at all three men before biting her lip and following Polly back into the kitchen. "What is it, sweetie?"

"Why is FP here?" Poll whispered.

"He...just came over to visit. But I invited him and Chic to dinner." Alice and Polly both looked to Betty as she dramatically groaned, leaning over and resting her forehead on the table. "Betty, honey? Could you please take Jason, so I can get dinner started?" Alice squinted at Elizabeth when she finally looked back up.

"Fine." Betty stood and walked over to her mother, taking the baby from her. "But only because I love my nephew."

"Understood." Her mother grumbled with the same attitude. "I'll get their bottles ready, too." She said nicely to Poll, heading over to the stove.