chapter 11

The next two days went by in a blur, just like the trees that flew passed my truck window. Then we finally reached Montana. The wide open country met the sky in the horizon, creating a mirage of never ending land. I had opened the window, allowing the cool air wash over me, sending my hair tumbling and twisting around my hair. I breathed in the fresh air and allowed my senses to take in all of the wheat farms and open fields. It was absolutely beautiful. I rolled my head back, delighting in the countryside.  Before I knew it, the truck was stopped in front to a huge brick house. Two massive oak trees stood on either side of house giving the house a higher appeal.
"Welcome home, baby. " Lucas said, pushing the gear into park before opening his door. I stepped out with a smile on my face. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I was lifted into my mates arms. I squealed as Lucas carried me across the large lawn and to the front door. Before he could set me down and open the door, the white surface as yanked open to reveal a disheveled looking man with wild black hair  and a scraggly short beard.
"Tony." Lucas's voice was tight as he set me call on my feet. "What are you doing here?" I looked at Tony. His blue eyes were glassy; a sign that he was definitely hung over.
"Hey brother!" the man named Tony rubbed his right eye with the palm of his hand. His sweatpants and T-shirt looked bed-raggled as if he just rolled out of bed. "I crashed at your place. Anne threw me out for the night."

"I'd throw your sorry ass out too, if I were her." Lucas shoved past the man and pulled me inside.

Tony must have just seen me because he commented on me.
"Who's the hottie you got with you?"

"First off, you're mated. Secondly, the hottie is my mate." He growled. "Elyse, this is my annoying little brother, Tony."

I smiled at him. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too." He winked playfully at me before punching his brother in the shoulder. "Well, I gotta go talk to Anne. Convince her to let me back in my own home." He waggled his eyebrows in a suggestive manner making me giggle. With that he turned and walked away.

"Come. Love. " Lucas grabbed my  hand and pulled me into the place I would now call home.

The house was huge! The first thing I saw was the spiral staircase to the right. I always wanted one! Under the stairs was a passage way that led to a huge stainless steel kitchen! An island that came with a sink rested in the middle of the lightly colored room. I gleefully couldn't wait to cook in here! Past the kitchen was a massive living room that had a huge  flat screen TV and a fireplace underneath it. I gasped at how huge and expensive this room was. He showed me the rest of the downstairs before he led me up the staircase. There were three closed doors and to my surprise, there was another staircase! I knew the house was big  I just didn't realize it had more than two stories. He stopped in the middle of the hallway that connected the three separate rooms.
"This is where my beta and his family lives." He point to the room that was at the far end.
He changed his stance and pointed to the room to the left of it.
"That is my gamma's room. You haven't met him yet. His name is will".
He then pointed to the room at the opposite end of the hallway. "This is their gaming room. We all use that room."
He opened the door and just from the doorway I could see a massive gaming console and a HUGE flat screen TV that had surround sound speakers on both sides. There was a large leather black couch in the middle of the room and matching lazy boys to match on each side. A gamer's dream room. We finally made it up to the last and final floor.
"This is the Alpha's quarters." He turned to me and gave me a wink, making my face flush. He grabbed my hand once more and pulled me to one of the three rooms. He opened the door and motioned me to go in. When I walked through the threshold I was speechless. Tears watered in my eyes as I took in the many book shelves all in a row. Not to mention the ones that lines the walls. On the far left wall there was a brick fireplace with a few comfy-looking chairs and a large couch.
Taking in the sight of my expression, my mate chuckled. "I take it you like it?"

"It's so huge! I-I love it! Thank you so much." A grin found my face.

"Everyone in the house is allowed to use the library, so you may have company."

"That's perfectly fine!" I said, joyously.

He chuckled once more before pulling me out the door. But I wanna stay with the books! Oh well...

He pointed at the room right across from the library. "That is my office."

I nodded but wondered slightly why he did not show me it before he whisked me away to the room on the opposite side of the hallway. He opened the door and I was once again shocked. In the room was a huge king sized bed with a black comforter and a huge flat screen TV with a DVD player attached on a bottom shelf. The bed had a nightstand on either side of it with a grey lamp that accentuated the cream colored walls nicely. Off to the right side, I saw an open door that led to a bathroom that held a walking glass shower and also a tub that looked like it was a jacuzzi make. I was enamored with the earthy tones of the bathroom and I absolutely couldn't wait to shower and take a bath. I walked out of the bathroom to see my mate sprawled out on the bed, the window on the opposite wall allowed some of the fading evening sunlight come through and shine on Lucas, making his dark brown hair ablaze with highlights of deep red. I walked over to the bed and laid next to him. The only noise was the sound of our deep breaths as we basked in each other's presence. Neither of us spoken. We didn't have to. After a few moments of of silence. His voice gently cut through, his baritone sending shivers down my back.
"Welcome home. "
A smile crept across my face as I snuggled into my mate's chest as his voice was the last sound I heard before I slowly faded to sleep. And how wonderful a sound it was.

A/N
Hi!!!!! I'm back! Here is chapter 11 for you! I hope you all enjoyed it. Now that I am over being sick, I will hopefully be updating normally once again. Hope you all have a great night/day depending on where you are! 💕🤗😘 And thanks so much for all the kind comments and all the votes!!!