Chapter 8

A/N        I went to the ER last night with an asthma attack. I have even more steroids and I'm off work for a few days and I am on thanksgiving break this week, so hopefully I'll be uploading more. Hopefully. I still feel terrible, but it's ok. I will survive. I haven't been on wattpad for a few days and when I looked at my account this morning I literally did a happy dance. Over 2k readers?! Holy Crow! Thank you all so much! So without further ado....Chapter 8! :) Hope you enjoy!

The first thing I noticed when I awoke the next morning was how warm I was. Exceedingly so. I basked in the warmth a few more minutes before I finally forced my eyes open. The room was still dark, but I could see the sliver of light that peeked behind and through the cracks of the dark shading curtains. I gave a contented sigh before I realized I was not in my bedroom. I gave a sudden start, taking in my surroundings. Everything was dark, but I could make out the furniture that reminded me I was in the hotel. The previous night's activities came crashing back to me. A smile found its way to my face as I remembered I had found my mate. Or more like he found me and stole me. I shifted, rolling over very carefully to looked at my mate. His right arm was splayed across my waist, holding me loosely against him. I smiled as I watched him sleep. The left side of his face was snuggled up against the pillows, making his full lips jut out in a pouting position. His stubble of his beard scratched the silk sheets as he took in his deep breaths. His eyelashes sent shadows cascading down his chiseled cheek bones. He was so beautiful when he was asleep. He looked like a little kid once again instead of a fierce alpha male. Without thinking, I ran my fingers through his hair that fell upon his forehead, admiring it's silky texture. I traced his eyebrows with my index finger then ran it down the bridge of his nose, mesmerized  by how soft his skin was. I traced his jaw, marveling in the feel if his stubble under my finger tips. I finally landed his lips that were slightly parted, running my finger pad across the red surface. I looked up to his eyes once again and was startled to see his grey orbs open and staring at me through a sleepy haze.
"If I wake up like this every morning. I am never leaving the bed." His lips turned up into a cute smirk.
I bit my lip, blushing as I pulled my hand away, but before I placed it back under the covers, he grasped my hand in his calloused one and placed my knuckles to his lips. I grinned at him. How did I get so lucky?

"Why do I feel so different around you?" I asked out loud.

"What do you mean, Love?" He asked quirking his head. His morning voice was deep and husky.

"At first I was afraid of you, but now I feel at ease. Is that normal?"

I felt embarrassed by asking these weird questions, but my parents never really explained the mating process to me. I knew I sounded so much like an innocent virgin...but then again...I was. I blushed at the thought and turned my attention back to him.

"It's the mating pull. Your wolf knows I'd never hurt you." He rolled over on top of me, pinning me to the mattress. "To hurt you would be hurting myself in the process."

He leaned down and my heart rate went into over drive. His lips  captured mine in a sweet kiss. He pulled back, and gave me a mischievous grin.

"What?" I said shaky.

"If I remember right, you were the one who attacked me." His face pulled into a smirk. " You still haven't been punished."

My heart dropped. I knew it. He was going to beat me. Without warning, his hands descended upon my ribs, his fingers raking up and down my ribs and sides. Giggles erupted from my mouth as he tickled me. I turned side to side, desperately trying to flee from his tickling fingers.  My giggles turned into full blown belly laugh as he started to massage my sides. He stopped giving me a chance to breathe.

"Aww my baby girl is so ticklish." He tapped my nose with his finger. "I may have to use this to my advantage later on."

I giggled and shook my head from side to side, grinning.

"No?" He said teasingly. "But you're laugh is so adorable."

He kissed my forhead. "Did you learn your lesson?" He asked in a mock serious tone. I bit my lip and shook my head before shoving him off. I quick jumped up and grabbed the pillow hitting him with it. Our laughter filled the room as we chased each other around the room play fighting. We finally collapsed on the bed, me on top of him, nuzzling into his chest. The only sound was our labored breathing...until my belly rumbled loudly. He pulled his head back, laughing.
I giggled and sat up off of him.

"You hungry, baby?" He asked. I nodded.

"Let's go get some breakfast." He pulled me up before kissing me firmly. Blushing, I went back I to the bathroom and changed into a blue shirt and jeans. I yanked a brush through my hair and brushed my teeth before exiting the bathroom. Once I got back into the room, I saw Lucas sitting on the bed in a black shirt and tan pants (like profile pic 😋).

My mate is hot. I thought before I could stop it. He saw me and grabbed his phone off the table and the room key before taking my hand and leading me out the room in hopes of finding food.

A/N whoo hoo! I'm alive! And I finally uploaded chapter 8. This is just a little bit of fluff. I promise there will be more action in the upcoming chapters. Bear with me. I'm making this up as I go along...I have no set in stone outline. So hope you enjoy. This cough medicine is making me sleepy so I'm going to bed. Toodle-loo!