Chapter 16: Emotions only seem to get in the way.

Start from the beginning

"Chunin exam..?" Naruto mumbled completely clueless to what was being explained. "what is the chunin exam anyways?"

"you really don't know anything, do you?" Blonde smirked

I sighed and decided to explain myself, "The chunin exams is a test that composes of 3 stages, each stage is different and more difficult than the other. Genin from all the nations and villages come to one village to take this test. And it just happens to be the leaf village this year, so there will be many teams of genin here till it ends, that's why their here. So to become a chunin to must pass all 3 stages really.."

Blonde smirked at me, "seems like not all of you are clueless." I gave her a smirk back.

"huh...?" Naruto said sheepishly, "I didn't understand a word you said.."

I scowled, okay Naruto was really slow..

"Here let me explain it like this, if you want to be a chunin and beat or show Sasuke that your stronger than him.. You need to pass this test." I said slowly and very clearly.

Naruto stared into space for a few seconds then he grinned. "Ooh! Haha, I get it! Then maybe I should take them."

I smirked, all of us will take it Naruto, as a team we will pass the tests. The 3 sand village genin glanced at us once more and began walking away once more. I took a deep breath and face Sasuke.

"are we done here?" I asked quietly. "No.."

Sasuke walked forward and called out. "Hey! You there..."

Blonde was the first to turn around with red coating her face.

"Huh? M-Me?" Blonde sputtered.

I smirked, she's attracted to Sasuke-kun, huh? Well theres another fan-girl for me to deal with...

Sasuke scowled. "No, the one with the gourd on his back."

I sweat dropped. He said his name a few minutes ago, did he not pay attention?

"I'm Gaara of the desert. I have an interest in you as well. What's your name?" Gaara asked.

"Sasuke, Sasuke Uchiha." Sasuke said with a cocky smirk.

"Hm, and the girl as well, her name?" Gaara looked at me.

He wants my name, why..?

"M-Me?!" Sakura gulped.

"No. Her.." Gaara pointed at me.

I hear Sakura sigh in relief.

I smiled and walked out from behind Sasuke. "My names Kanji, no surname. It's nice to meet you three." I greeted and bowed down, then stood up and smiled at the three of them like the fight we had minutes ago never happened.

Gaara nodded with that same shocked look plastered on his face. I furrowed my eye brows, why is he so shocked- but what's he shocked about?

Blonde stepped forward, "seems like you know everyones name but mine, i'm Temari. Nice to meet you Kanji." Temari smiled.

I nodded and gave her a closed eye smile.

"Hey, hey! What about me?! What about me?! Don't you want my name, too!" Naruto exclaimed excitedly.

"Not interested.." Gaara deadpanned and jumped away.

I could feel Naruto sulk. I sweat dropped and walked over to him.

"Ne, Naruto-kun. Don't feel left out or anything, I bet he was scared to ask a name from a strong hero like you, ya know." I bragged hoping that it would cheer him up.

And that's just what it did.

"Hey, you right! He was just to scared, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted in glee.

I'm glad that he isn't sad anymore. I stretched my body and let out a small yawn.

"O-Oi!" I squeaked when Sasuke yanked me away from the others.

I growled and pulled at his grip, "Sasuke! Let me go!" I whispered harshly.

And he did, he let me go but then grabbed me by my shoulders tightly.

"Kanji, why were you so nice with the enemies?! I need you to stay away from them, nothing good will come from them." Sasuke scowled.

I glared at him, "Sasuke.. You can't tell me what to do, or who I can and can't talk to. Your. Not. My. Dad." I growled out.

I don't know why I said that, but it felt good.. I looked in Sasuke's eyes and saw pure rage.

"Well Kakashi isn't your dad, yet you listen to him! Stop acting like he's your dad when he isn't! Why don't you get that through your head already, he's not you father and never will be!" He spat out.

I froze and couldn't find any words to say, my mouth kept opening and closing waiting for something to come in mind. But nothing did... Instead tears slowly slid down my face without my permission. Sasuke lost the nasty/evil look that was on his face before, now he had a face of regret.

"Kanji, i'm sorry. I-I didn't mean it, I swear." Sasuke said. (OOC)

No..he's right.. Kakashi isn't my dad and never will be, I need to get that through my head. I thought with my head hung low. More tears fell from my eyes, I laughed slightly. I'm being so weak right now, nii-chan wouldn't like that. I laughed and looked straight into Sasuke's eyes even with my tears falling.

"Ne, arigato Sasuke." I thanked.

"why are you thanking me?" He asked stunned.

"You just helped me learn something important..." I giggled.

"And what...is that?" He asked.

"Emotions only get in the way, same with having friends." I smiled with my head tilted to the side.

Arigato Sasuke. I now know in this world, your emotions, relationships, only end up hurting you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it was short! I'll update some more later on today or tomorrow if I have the chance! :) Well hope ya liked this chapter