Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning with the sun illuminating my face. I was still on the couch and I looked up and smiled when I realized that Natalie had covered me with a throw before she had left. I sighed as I realized that I had to get up and get dressed.

I stood up slowly and walked over to the kitchen counter and picked up my phone that Natalie had probably hooked onto the charger before she left as well. I wanted to check the time, but when I cut my phone on, the first thing I saw was a missed call from a number that I didn’t recognize. ‘Keyan,’ I thought as a smile crept onto my face. I hit the redial button and waited for him to answer.

“Good morning beautiful. I guess you were tired, huh?”

I pulled my phone away from my ear and glanced at the time: 10:28.

I lifted the phone back to my ear. “Heh, well I guess I was pretty tired after my puking attack yesterday. What’s up?”

“I just wanted to check in on you and…well…I was wondering if you wanted to spend the day with me.”

“I would love to. I do have something to take care of in a little while, but I can meet you before. It won’t take me that long to do what I have to do hopefully.”

“That sounds like a deal. I will just finish up what I’m doing here real quickly and I will meet you at your place. Sound good?”

“Definitely,” I replied with a smile spreading wide across my face.

“It’s a date then,” he said with his smile obvious through his voice.

“Okay, see you in a few.”

“Yep!”

The line went dead and I leaned back against my closet wall smiling as I thought about him. This was the first time in a long time I was looking forward to a second date. I liked Keyan a lot. He was refreshing and he had a great personality from what I had been able to see. I pulled out one of my favorite white sun dresses and pulled out my green bikini. I took a quick shower, smiling the whole time and got dressed just as I heard a knock on my front door.

I slipped my beach sandals on and headed towards the door with my beach bag over my shoulder. I opened the door to Keyan’s amazingly sexy smile and I was mesmerized at his appearance. He definitely didn’t look like an up and coming business man. He looked more like a beach bum today, but he was totally pulling the look off in a way that no regular beach bum possibly could. He had on a white t-shirt and a pair of blue and white plaid swimming trunks along with a pair of cheap sandals. I smiled again as I took in his appearance and I realized he was doing the same with me.

“You look great, Chelsea,” he said with another mesmerizing smile.

“Thanks, you know you do too,” I said as I winked at him. Damn if he didn’t have a way of bringing out my bold side. His chuckle made me laugh as well.

“You ready, sweetheart?” he said as he gestured towards the beach.

“You bet I am!” I practically shouted.

He grabbed my hand and interlocked his fingers with mine as I stepped out and closed and locked my door behind me.

The beach was not too crowded considering it was such a beautiful day. Keyan and I waded out into the water as we held each other’s hand. We walked out until we were waist deep and I felt him slide his arm around my waist making sure that the current didn’t sweep me off of my feet. I sighed and rested my head against his upper arm and closed my eyes. The warm water felt so amazing but it wasn’t the thing responsible for the butterflies in my stomach. That was Keyan. I relaxed myself into him a little more and smiled. Just then I felt a big splash of water hit my face all the way down my front. I opened my eyes up and jerked my head up in shock. I heard him chuckle and I stared up at him with an evil grin.