|Chapter Five|

"Ah-wooo"

As the wolfs howls pierced the winter air, the wind guided the sound to Aura's ear. It struck fear into her body yet she continued to run. Her leg muscles felt as if they were tearing and her abdominal sent a searing pain to her brain telling her body that she needed rest. But despite all of that, Aura didn't stop. She didn't want to—not until she found her dad. She kept running; forgetting the pain.

If someone asked her—no, she had no idea where she was headed. The path into the forest had already ended and she had lost sight of her dad's truck a long time ago, in result, her surroundings looked the same in every direction. North, south, east, west. She saw only trees. Thousands of tall trees covered in the new fallen snow.

"Ah-wooo"

Aura felt her blood stir in her body at the sound of the wolf howling once again, she clenched her fists and forced her body to run faster. She was terrified but she refused to regret her decisión for running into the forest.

"Dad!" Aura yelled desperately, her voice sounding an octave deeper. Why couldn't she see anyone? It was as if she was the only one in the forest.

After a while, Aura finally stopped running, her breathing coming out in wheezes. She didn't know what to do. She was all alone, the snow was coming down harder and she had no clue where she was. At this point, Aura truly felt hopeless. Her body slumped down on the cold forest floor—she no longer had the energy to stand. Time passed as she simply laid on the ground. The snow and the winds picked up, creating a snow storm with Aura at the center of it.

As she laid on the ground, she watched the snow fall from the sky and onto her exhausted body. Aura reached her hands out towards the sky—but suddenly something made her gasp. Her hands...they were beginning to turn blue. At the sight of this, Aura attempted to move her body but she couldn't move a single limb. Aura's body was not only tired but freezing after laying on the ground for almost ten minutes. She instantly regretted not putting on extra layers and bringing her dad's gloves with her.

But regardless of her hands and how cold she felt Aura knew she had to keep moving in order to find her dad. She rose from the ground slowly, her bones cracking and the snow falling off of her body as she did so. She ran her hands along her clothes, attempting to remove what was left but in the end there was no denying how cold she felt. After removing most of the snow on her clothes, Aura began her journey through the forest once again. Minutes passed and then hours of her searching for her dad. As Aura continued her dreadful walk through the forest she thought about the many things that could occur; She would be lost forever in the forest, she wouldn't be able to find her dad, she would find her dad dead, or worse, they both were to die and become wolf food.

As she thought of these terrible scenarios she stopped and noticed how quiet the forest had become. The wolf...was it dead? She was too preoccupied with thinking and finding her dad that she hadn't noticed that the howls had stopped.

In that moment, she didn't know what made her turn her head but when she did, she saw that a couple feet away from where she stood was a tall black clothed figure. The person didn't look like her dad nor his friends. She didn't know who the man was. As her heart thumped loudly against her chest, Aura moved to touch the object that would protect her in case the man did anything. But her hand touched thin air.

Where's the gun?

Aura stared at the man in the distance with wide eyes. Did she leave her gun in the truck? She began to curse herself out mentally but came to a conclusion that perhaps the man didn't notice her just yet. Aura then casually turned and headed towards a different direction.

"Wait"

Aura froze in her steps and turned her head slightly. Not far from where she stood, stood the man she had just seen. She didn't know when he had appeared, he had made no sound what so ever. He began to take steps towards her, his long legs making it possible for him to stand in front of Aura in just seconds.

She simply stared at him, her whole body in shock. The man was taller than her by at least a foot; she had to lean her head back to take a good look at his face. His facial features and body would make any person of the opposite sex swoon for him, she was sure of it.

"You're like me." He suddenly said, looking down at her in surprise and wonder. His deep voice echoed in the silent air and woke her up from her dazed state. Aura took a step back, hearing the crunch of snow beneath her boots. The man in front of her walked forward after every step she took backwards.

"No I'm not." Aura said eyeing the man with cautious eyes.

"You're like me. Your scent, your eyes, the blood that pumps through your veins! You're like me, I can feel it!" He growled repeating the words once again.

You're like me.

"What do you mean?" Aura questioned and took a couple more steps back until she felt something solid collide with her back. Aura felt at the object behind her—it was a tree. By the time Aura realized this, the man was centimeters away from her face. Growling under his breath and smelling at her neck.

Like an animal.

"You're like me," He said and touched at her skin lightly, trailing his fingers along her cheek. Caressing her like a doll. "I've never met someone like me."

"I'm nothing like you." She said and took in shaky breaths as she stared into his golden eyes, eyes much like her own.

"You're wrong. You're a beast...like me."

* * * *

Annndddd we end it with the preface! Back to square one :( He's finally here though, our tall, handsome, brooding man. *wink wink*

Im not sure how I feel about this chapter I feel like I rushed to get to the ending but I know if I didn't upload this now I would never and if I redid the whole chapter and tried to make it better  it would take me forever before I'm satisfied. Idk I have a lot of ideas and I just want to type it down and give it to you guys to read because I know a lot of people have been waiting. Anyways I'm going to try to upload the next chapter soon so I don't leave ya'll hanging.

*ALSO*

Aura not only doesn't eat meat but she's also affected by the cold? Um?? She doesn't sound like a "beast" Marie. Haha don't worry you'll find out soon ;)