|Chapter Two|

Bang

There went the bullet soaring through the sky and to its target. Spinning until it made contact with the skin of the deer, causing the blood to seep through, slowly until it flowed uncontrollably.

Aura jumped at the next shot that rang through the air. Her dad had shot the deer a second time without hesitation.

"I'm pretty sure it is dead already." She muttered and hugged her coat tighter around her.

She had woken up only minutes ago, before coming to the large hills with her dad to hunt. He had requested for her to join him and she only felt the need to do so, so that he wouldn't be alone with a wild animal on the loose.

The wolf.

Aura looked around her surroundings, it wasn't snowing today. Yet it was colder and windier than yesterday. She felt paranoid as if at any second something would attack them. She looked back at her dad who was now making his way to the fallen deer.

"H-Hey dad wait up." Aura stuttered and stuffed her hands in her coat pocket before running to where her dad was.

The deer laid still on the ground, blood oozing from two gun shot wounds. She looked down at the animal with sadness and then at her dad who had a huge grin on his face.

"This is a horrible thing you did dad." Aura accused and glared at him. "How can you smile after killing an innocent animal?"

Dad chuckled and ran his fingers along the deer, "It's apart of life honey."

"Killing others?" Aura whispered and held the deer's arm, caressing it softly.

"Sometimes it needs to be done." Dad responded and then heaved the deer onto his shoulders. Blood dripping from the deer's wounds and onto yesterday's snow.

Minutes later, after walking back to the car her dad spoke up, "Hey Aura can I bring you in on a little secret?"

"I'll probably tell mom." She joked and her dad chuckled in response.

"Have you heard of the news that a wolf has been spotted in the forest?" Dad said his voice filled with excitement.

Aura almost tripped over her feet when she heard her dad. This was her second time hearing about it and it still sent goosebumps all over her body. "Um, yeah I did. I heard from aunt Teresa. Why?"

"Me and the boys are going to hunt down that wolf." Dad said, turning around to watch her reaction.

"W-What?" Aura asked in disbelief. She couldn't believe her ears.

"They placed a reward on the person who shoots it down first and hands it to Sheriff Lain. If I shoot it then they'll give me a thousand dollars." Her dad said with a grin and turned around, continuing on his way to the car. Aura stayed silent as her dad talked more about about the reward money. She didn't feel right knowing her dad was going to shoot yet another animal.

A mere animal that didn't know any better than a baby.

Aura gulped, "When are you going?"

"Tomorrow morning and you're coming with me!"

* * * *

I know it's short but I really wanted to give you guys something to read after a long wait and plus it's memorial weekend.

Here's my gift to you all and I hope no one gets bothered by this very, very short chapter.

Thanks for reading xx