The Color Of His Lips

"I won't forget. I refuse to forget. The color of his plump, soft, pillowed light-red ones on mine. The transfer of our DNA through mouth. The gesture that says 'I love you' without the need for words or speaking. Nothing needs to be said. The look of adoration exchanged by our eyes when we break apart to breathe exclaims quite enough. And nothing says 'I miss you' more than being pulled back into the make-out mess. I loved you. I still do and forever will. So why did you leave?"

Your speech to no one continues.

"Those same red lips that were placed on mine, were the same ones that also said 'Goodbye'. What was done wrong? Where did I go wrong? That cupid's bow that you own would curve upwards whenever our eyes met. That would laugh with me. That would mouth that you love me. Who gave you permission to leave? To suddenly isolate and desert me? How will I rest at night now without being in your arms? No longer being lulled to sleep by the sound of your heartbeat and our steady breathing matching?"

Your breath hitches before continuing. You clutch the roses in your hands even tighter than before. The rose petals were the same light, soft red color as his lips.

"This isn't fair. It's too sudden. My heart and brain both refuse to believe you're gone. That you walked away. You told me it was fated, that you meeting me was serendipity."

You were now officially unstable. Your mind was clouded and shocked. Anyone would think you're crazy in the first place for talking to yourself. Few would understand. You were now on your knees, head hanging and sobbing uncontrollably. Burying your tear-stained face in your hands, you went on.

"Fate changed the game. Fate is punishing me for a reason I am unaware of. I'll keep visiting you. I will. Nothing will stop me from that."

You shakily and hesitantly lifted your whirring head to what was in front of you. Gazing weakly with a swollen face and broken voice, you choked out,

"I'm sorry,"

A dead cold stare that is lifeless replaced your teary gaze.

"I should've told you that I love you more often. Now I can no longer see your light red lips curve into a smile. I can no longer see the warm, reassuring color of them. You no longer have color."

"Forgive me. "

Those were your last two words before returning home, that you said to the glossed stone, which had the words carefully carved on it,

"Rest in peace,

Kim Taehyung".

If y'all are confused, basically you and Taehyung were boyfriend and girlfriend. His sudden death due to [insert a depressing cause of death here] caused you an immense shock. Even after a week of his death, your tears are unstoppable. Your source of happiness has left your side. So, you visit him at the cemetery which causes you to give an entire speech to his grave, pouring all of your agonies into each word said. Sad, but yeah.

I hope y'all enjoyed. This is my first fanfiction, and it's a pretty short story. Maybe a bit too short? But yeah. I hope you enjoyed lol