ふゆ

Awkward was an understatement to the ride

Awkward was an understatement to the ride. While the butterflies in your stomach and clammy hands made you uncomfortable you secretly hoped for this handsome stranger, Jeongguk, to say something.

But instead it was the old driver that kept talking to obviously himself. You were too anxious to concentrate on his words and Jeongguk had not spoken a word.

You stole a couple of quick glances to your left only to see him looking out the window, he had his face covered but his eyes seemed distant.

What is he thinking? You kept asking yourself, curiosity eating at you in the most torturous way.

Hard to believe that just minutes ago this stranger was warmly starting small talk with you, your brain continued to mess with you at the thought that maybe it hadn't been real.

Was this distant guy next to you been the same warming, friendly stranger that you had just had the easiest conversation with?

He moved slightly in his seat when you had realized you had been staring at him too long, you immediately looked out your window hiding the crimson color of your cheeks.

The driver continued his one-man conversation but it had become background noise because now your thoughts were too loud in your head.

"Two stops"
Had been the last words you heard from him.
"Do you want to share a cab?"
The last words you heard from him directed at youㅡ was he regretting it now?

He probably just wanted to get home, ugh stupid! I just have just taken the subway and avoided this situation.

Your thoughts were interrupted when the cab came to an abrupt stop your belt digging into your shoulder sharply as it held you back.

"Oh God I'm so sorry I got carried away talking I almost forgot your stop" the old man looked back at your direction with sincere eyes.

You nodded quietly too overwhelmed to say a word so you silently organized your bag, unbuckled and opened the door.

"Thank you... for the cab" you stood in the sidewalk in front of your building. Jeongguk who had scooted over to your side only nodded his head.

"Have a good night" you bowed before turning away, a small ache in your chest without being sure why.

"Wait!" you heard him speak up behind you startling you a bit.

You turned around avoiding any high hopes, thinking you probably forgot something but surprisingly came to face a smiling Jeongguk, the same one from the cafe, his mask pulled down on his chin.

"I didn't get your number..." he lowered his voice, his cheeks turning a slight pinkㅡ it almost seemed as he was blushing but then again it was probably just the exposure to the cold.

You pressed your lips together to hide a threatening smile and walked towards him taking his phone from his pale hands.

You silently and with shaky, frozen fingers typed in your information and handed it back to him your face instantly heated into a blush.

"Have a good night." he smiled his cute smile at you before rolling up the window and waving a good bye as you stepped back.
Hearing the old cab drive away as you entered your building anticipating a text from this perfect stranger, Jeongguk.