Daydreaming Gone Too Far // 14

Start from the beginning

I grip my helmet and want to tug it off but this air might kill me. "Oh, Jesus Maria. Oh dios mios."

"Lance?" Hunk drops his cannon too and quickly get in front of me and put his big hands on my shoulder, urging me to look up at him. His thick eyebrows is almost up to his hairline."Lance, what is it...?"

"The..." I start but I look over his shoulder when I see the flash of red just at the spot I saw it in my dream. Shiro and Pidge is now standing in front of me too. I break free from Hunk's grip and take one step back with wobbly legs. I see the red silhouette disappear again and I feel like throwing up. My stomach will empty it's content any time soon.

"Lance?" I hear my name too many times. There is too much of my names in different voices and from different direction and I can't understand anything. I see the same red figure further ahead and it's still looking like it's limping. Oh God, that figure is Keith. It's Keith! We finally found him!

And now I'm not going to shoot him.

"T-that...", I stammer and I point at Keith walking with a sunken body. Everybody looks over at what I'm pointing at. "It's K-Keith... It's really Keith! I saw exactly this in my d-dream..."

"Lance, you're shaking", Shiro says and his voice is steady. Soothing. "Calm down."

"It's Keith!" I exclaim again. "You told me to shoot him in my dream but now we know it's really him!"

"Then what are we waiting for?" Pidge throws out her arms and her big hazel eyes glimmer. She starts to run towards Keith. "Let's go!"

I don't hesitate to follow Pidge, running with a speed I never thought I had. I hear Shiro call after us to stop but we keep on running. We get closer and closer but then we both stop when we are close enough to see that this sure as hell isn't Keith.

I yowl and Pidge just curses.

"Not Keith, not Keith, NOT KEITH!" I scream as we both turn around to run the same way we came from. I scream when I feel something tackle me to the ground and I hit my face first, my nose hitting the glass of my helmet so hard I think it is broken. I groan and dig my fingers into the stone ground.

Why is this my life?

I turn around again and I have never heard myself scream this loudly and girl-like. It's so high-pitched that even the monster over me jerks slightly backwards.

This is absolutely not Keith. This is a horrifying monster that looks exactly like my sister did back home when she didn't get food. This creature has sharp, long teeth bared and saliva gathering at the upper teeth, blood red short fur over the whole big body, completely black eyes, strange looking ears that is probably bigger than my ego and it roars right up my face, making saliva splash up on my helmet. I feel like throwing up.

"OH MY FREAKING VOLTRON!" I yell and try to get up but the creature has my arms in a death grip, pressing me down to the ground and growling. I look to the side to see my blaster two meters from me and out of my reach. I curse and scream again when the monster roars in my face for the second time.

But suddenly it gets off me with a outcry sounding like a growl mixed with a screech and I grimace when my ears hurt. I have since I was little been very sensitive when it comes to noise. I often got otitis and I remember that mama always made sure that I healed as soon as possible. She hated when I got it. She would drop everything to make sure I wasn't crying because of the fear for my ears drumming and aching.

My ears are still sensitive. I thought space would be the most quiet place to be in but there's is constantly sounds, never completely quiet. I may be a paladin of Voltron but that doesn't make me less human. I can still get otitis and all this noise can for sure make me exhausted.

I'm still human.

"Lance, run!" I hear through the ringing in my ears and I look up to my left to see Hunk in a fighting position and holding out his big cannon, smoke coming out from the muzzle, which must mean he just shot, and saved me.

I quickly get to my feet and feel wobbly, seeing everything through a foggy state. My head is spinning and I try to get to my blaster but it looks like it's getting further and further away from me. I reach for it and I hear another pang, and my ears ring.

That's it. I'm getting otitis. I'm going to cry.

I hear roars and screeches and I throw myself at my weapon, hoping to catch it even if it's not moving. I stand up again and try to shoot the monster but bump into a hard chest instead. I look up and see yellow eyes narrow at me, glowing. Sharp fangs, big furry purple ears and a very familiar mullet. Blood is running from its mouth, from a big gash running across the right cheek.

"Keith...?" I breathe and he attacks, jumping toward me.

O O O

I'm currently writing this while my ears are hurting (╥_╥)

Yup, I'm same as Lance - or Lance is same as me. I get otitis every year so I guess soon is the first time in 2018.

And I wanted to include that I'm still human part for Lance too because maybe many forget that all the paladins may act all tough and unharmed in the show, managing much press, but what happens behind the scene? Maybe Keith throws up after flying his lion for all I know.

I'm starting school in less than four days
(༎ຶ⌑༎ຶ)

So Wattpad will have to wait for some decades cuz the tests and homeworks is waiting for me.