Sharpshooter // 13

Finally a new year! I think 2017 sucked big time.

I stayed up to like 04:00 and now my head is throbbing because of the fireworks so sorry if this chapter is bad written.

So to begin 2018 in a kind of good way, I now give you a Lance POV.

But wait, you thought I was going to make this chapter happy? Nah.

O O O

This is ridiculous.

And not just this whole Keith is gone and so is his lion situation, but also our pathetic attempt to find him. Even if I'm only sitting in Blue and not moving much at all - floating in space with no idea where to fly - I'm still exhausted. I don't know how long we've been flying like this with no motivation whatsoever, but I feel like Blue is as exhausted as I am and I'm thinking she will shut down any second.

"This is useless", I whine for the hundredth time and I hear everybody sigh in the intercoms, probably annoyed with me but I'm annoyed with this whole situation so I guess we're kind of even. "We have just flown around in vargas. We don't even know where we should fly."

"But that's the whole point of this, Lance", Pidge says and she sounds as tired as I'm feeling. "We don't know where we should fly to so we're trying to find the right direction."

I huff and sink further down into my seat, my arms aching because they have been outstretched for so long. I need a shower again, and probably a whole moment for myself just to clear my thoughts because they are a complete mess right now.

This shouldn't have happened, this is so unnecessary. But of course unnecessary things always happens and something even worse could have happened than this but this is already bad. We have no idea where that stupid bastard is and for all we know he could be dead by now.

I shudder and try to focus on the black outside my window, on the white dots that makes me think of the hologram in the control room. On the bigger dot that is Earth. I think of Keith's words and his way of seeing Earth and I find myself wondering what his life really was back there. I only assume how his life is by how he acts but it's all probably a shield to protect his true self. I wonder how his family looks, how it is in general.

I hope that his shack isn't always that lonely like it was when we visited him and that he has parents to come home to. I couldn't see them before we saw Blue and I hope that him being alone in his home was just a happenstance.

There is no happenstances.

"Guys!" Shiro exclaims and I flinch. I have never heard him this hopeful before. "Guys, I found something! Follow me." I watch as he dives right down with the black lion with a speed too fast for my brain to process. But I don't hesitate to dive right after him, sharing the hopefulness with him. I hope he really found something, and that's it useful.

We fly right down to a very depressed looking planet and I try to see past the smoke and all the grey but it's hard to see anything, really. We fly through all the layers of air that I have no idea if we can breath and the sky looks to be a light pink but has more grey now.
There is no clouds, or maybe what I think is smoke actually is clouds. The four of us fly in formation and soon land on dry stone ground, making dust splash all around us. This whole planet looks to be destroyed, maybe once looking absolutely beautiful.

"The garla", Shiro says my unspoken thought. "They were here."

"There is... nothing here..." Hunk says slowly and he sounds shaken. "It's really creepy. Does anybody even live here?"