CHAPTER - 8 MASQUERADE

The heroes rushed to the organization, and into the briefing room. Elizabethwas there, waiting for them, standing, leaning over to the table, her hands folded. The heroes entered in fast, one behind the other.

“You are late!!” she produced.

“What an attitude!!” grasped Sonia to herself.

“Anyways . . . we have one of Anabash’s servants out, and his projected landing path is Las Vegas,” she informed.

Okay, guys, lets beat this guy fast . . . and talk about it, at the dinner table . . . ALRIGHT!!” shouted Israr encouragingly, turning, facing the heroes.

Yeah!!” replied the other heroes, and Joshua raised his hand up in excitement.

NO!” said Elizabeth in a commanding tone.

What??” asked Israr surprised, and turned towards her.

Only you and Joshua are going against the target,” she ordered.

There was a shock that flew in the whole room from her words.

No way, chief, we always fight together . . . that’s our real strength . . . we should all be going,” argued Israr trying to convince her.

You both should head out now, you’re wasting time,” she said, and turned and walked out.

Israr clinched his teeth in anger, staring at her walk away, then he turned to Joshua,

“Let’s do this buddy! . . . just like old times!!!” he said, and Joshua nodded his head confidently.

“You can do it guys!!” said the other heroes, patting them, giving them more confidence.

Israr and Joshua suited up in their new uniforms and ran to the hanger, into the helicopter, that took them to the secret air base. The concorde was already firing up. They entered it, and the door closed automatically.

“Seat belts, on!!” came Launchpad’s voice in the speaker.

They sat on random seats and tied on the seat belts, and the concorde took off.

“This is amazing,” said Joshua, “us being the first one to go on a mission on the concorde!!”

“Yah right!!” said Israr, joining Joshua’s excitement and joy.

 It didn’t take long, until they reached Las Vegas. It was late night, but the city seemed all busy and working, from all the shinning lights and moving traffic.

“I can’t land here, it’ll blast the windows and cause huge tremors, you guys ready to make the jump??” enquired Launchpad.

“I was born ready!” commented Joshua

“Man, I was waiting so long for this.” said Israr.

They strapped the parachute bags onto themselves tightly and jumped down.On the way down Israr said,

“Dude we didn’t really need parachutes did we?? We both can fly!!”

“Who cares,” shouted back Joshua.

They opened their parachutes and started swinging down slowly. When they were a few countable feet from the ground, Israr unstrapped the parachute, and landed on the ground fast, landing on one knee, with style. Joshua came down,