CHAPTER - 1 PLAY TIME

It was a bright sunny morning amidst the seasonary autumn. Mild breeze blew from the northern side creating a pleasurable atmosphere around. Divine sunlight shone down in drips of dazzling light everywhere, forming lively shadows. A dried yellow leaf reached for the ground after the wind had forced it detachment from the tree it originated from. A squirrel hopped down from the same tree in search of apricots, but just then galloped back on the tree branch high up very fast, when a cat dashed brawling towards it. A few sparrows landed down on the green field, chirping loudly, singing the melody along with the nature. Noticing figures around, they flew in the sky, away and out of sight.

                                    A highly tense and silent atmosphere fell throughout. Those figures stood rigid on the green field, properly positioned. It were Israr, Joshua and Caspian at one part of the field, and Sonia, Dharam  and Veer on the other side; staring at each other seriously, motionless, as if waiting to attack and hunt each other down. Israr’s physical features didn’t seem distinctive when compared to the others around him, which was evident as he stood straight serious, the wind infusing around his medium length messy but cute hairstyle. A white band around his left wrist and a chain around his neck, with a small crown shaped locket and a tiny diamond inside it, seemed to be accompanying him, as always.

                                    Israr was unable to gain control over his emotions. He showed anger, yet showed signs of helplessness over his inability to change what was to follow.

“You should have listened to me earlier,” addressed Israr seriously, maintaining a hard gaze on Dharam, Veer and Sonia, “you should have listened . . . otherwise it wouldn’t have been this way. You guys wouldn’t have had to stand against us like this!”

A stiff squall of wind passed by Israr reaching out to Dharam, making his hair sway a bit, that were medium in length and parted neatly in the middle. Dharam remained focused, which would leave an expression that nothing could distract him from the task at hand.

“This is the only way it could be possible, and there’s no way better than this. It is regrettable . . . but we have to battle,” said Dharam. His words and expressions showed no remorse, it was as if he was waiting for the perfect opportunity to fight against them all along.

“Guess, this is it!!” announced Joshua gravely, clutching his open fingers tightly, forming a fist. The long sleeves of his grey hooded detective jacket came over his fingers covering them completely. As he looked down in gloom, his long straightened hair came over to his eyes, which forced him to jerk his head, to reposition them away from his eye.

“You better watch yourself coz this isn’t going to be easy at all,” said Veer’s voice, challenging Joshua. Before that could make into Joshua’s ear, he found Veer already standing close. Veer had made a run towards Joshua and made a brilliant accurate halt right in front of him, which was evident from the loose flaps of Veer’s clothes that hadn’t come to a stop yet, and also the dried yellow leafs sunken in the grass were sent to motion. Joshua recalled Veer being pretty far away before those words were spoken, and was taken aback by his sudden appearance. What seemed to be a rip in the space between Veer and Joshua, was actually Caspian’s teleportation.

“Veer I urge you to go back. You have no part in the team now,” expressed Caspian appearing between them, standing protecting Joshua.

“Cool it man!!!” Veer commented and returned back to Dharam’s side in a flash, “and yah . . . I wont allow you to even scratch my brother,” he marked, and Dharam looked at him proudly. Joshua noticed Veer’s sleeves that were pushed upwards to his elbows. However his mind was already accustomed to it, knowing that it was Veer’s usual style.