CHAPTER - 2 PUT TO TEST

Before Cecelia, Ash and Serenity left; Ash and Serenity invited the heroes to a ball dance party at their medical school the next night.

“We have a . . . you know . . . sort of a ball dance party at our school, began Ash “ . . . Israr, Joshua you-”

“We have a ball dance party, why don’t you all come?” interfered Serenity.

Ash was taken back by that suddenly and looked at Serenity with guilty eyes, while Serenity gave her a consoled look. At that Veer felt a pinch, noticing their behavior. Through that Veer understood, that the invitation was for Israr and Joshua only, but they invited all of them so that none of them felt bad or left over. So he moved Sonia away saying, he, Sonia, Dharam and Caspian had other plans for the next night, although Sonia insisted she would come.

“Israr, Joshua, listen,” began Cecelia, “the ball dance party is organized by the students, they all contributed money for it. . . but . . but the money’s all used up for the hall rent, food and music . . . so its like . . . we could not afford the caterers-”

“Don’t worry sis, we’ll take care of everything!!” announced Israr responsibly, even before Cecelia could finish talking. He looked at Joshua excitedly, and they nodded at eachother happily, and Cecelia watched them consoled.

                                    Veer began to grow wiser with time. His understanding had improved a lot. He had actually become capable to understanding people, their behaviors, hidden intentions or whatever it would be. Everyone in the team felt really proud of him. If they had any problem, they would bring it to his notice first. His understanding, instinctive and spontaneous nature, and natural wit, were always his companion. However, his speed was the real thing. He was completely unpredictable, and there was probably no one who could handle him.

                                    Early next morning, Israr was seated on the sofa, watching Joshua walk back and forth, planning over the ball dance event.

“We need to do something . . . we have to come up with a different . . unique idea . . . first we’ll need tuxedos . . . and perhaps gifts for Serenity and Ash . . . but . . . which tuxedo . . . what gift??” mumbled Joshua thinking very deeply.

“Wearing tuxedo and buying gifts . . . you call that unique idea for a ball dance party??” said Israr ridiculed, “I don’t believe you woke me up early for this!”

“Dude you have to take it seriously, it’s a matter of life and death!!” said Joshua seriously.

“DUDE . . . its just a ball dance party . . . relax,” shouted Israr. He paused for a moment then suggested, “Fine, let’s go get ourselves tuxedos, alright.”

                                    At the shop, Israr was seated on the sofa, watching Joshua trying on different suits and examining himself in the mirror, and asking Israr’s suggestions regarding them. And Israr simply replied to it, making different expressions, nodding his head to say ‘No’, bulging his cheeks to say ‘doesn’t look good’ and laughing when it looked terrible. For very long he sat on the sofa watching Joshua trying on suits one after the other. The saleswoman, kept tea and candies for him, and whenever he was about to gulp it, Joshua dashed in exhibiting another new suit, not allowing him to eat also.