17: A Man's World

Two men greeted Bane with nervous anticipation. Bría recognized the one man as Ronald Daggett. Bane stood with his hands tucked into the tactical vest that he wore. He had long since discarded the courier vest he had been wearing, his long black jacket hung open.

"We have a problem," Daggett told Bane. "The bitch we hired to get Wayne's prints is out for blood."

Bane didn't respond, it was so below him, however, these were his current employers.

"I want her dead," Daggett told Bane.

"Consider it done," Bane finally spoke. He glanced at Bría, and wondered if she should stay or stick beside him. He did turn and gesture for all of his men to find the woman, and they swiftly went about their search for her. "If any harm comes to her while I am gone, I will have both of your heads."

Daggett looked at Bría, then at Bane. He rolled his eyes, "I don't know how either of us ended up relying on women, but Bane, you'd be better off without one."

Bane glared, "If any harm come-"

"Yeah!" Daggett yelled, "We got it! Now go find our loose end before she screws up this whole plan!"

Although Bane would have broken the neck of anyone who dared speak to him like this, he simply turned away and walked towards the elevators. Bría was alone with these two men, both of them powerful and corrupt, and she began to wonder why Bane was working for the very people he wanted out of Gotham. She said nothing, however, because she knew that the plan was intricate, there were layers to what Bane was doing, and it was all too likely that these men had no idea that they would probably be double crossed.

Bría walked towards the window, glancing out at the city, wondering what else was going on out there. She wondered if they had caught or killed the Batman, but doubted it.

The second man stepped beside her with a limp and introduced himself, "I'm Stryver. May I ask how you came to be with Bane?"

She glanced at him, "I'm not with Bane, we work together."

"My apologies," he misunderstood Bría's place. "May I ask why you have joined with him, then?"

She shook her head, "It doesn't matter. What matters is that I support him."

"You will be seen as his weakness, as I saw you. You will become the target of those who oppose him."

"Are you trying to warn me? To get me to walk away?"

He pursed his thin lips, "Women have proven troublesome as of late."

Bría didn't reply, she only hoped that whatever woman was being pursued by Bane and his men right now would make it out okay. It was that little voice of her mother's creeping up on her, telling her to be good. She was beyond that now, there was no going back, but she couldn't wish harm upon a fellow woman. She wondered who this person was, why they had tangled with these men, what she was getting out of it.

"Women do what they have to in order to survive, you cannot blame us for fighting against a man's world." 

Sorry if this was confusing at all. Basically this is after the scene where Catwoman was breaking into the safe looking for the Clean Slate program, and was told there was none. She escaped and that's when she was pursued on a roof top by Bane's men, and her and Batman fought together. 

Daggett and Stryver are the two men in the GIF. 

I'm very excited to post the next chapter!