There is Something You Must Know

Hello all! It's Adriana, coming at you from 2:00 am.

I want to start this off with a sincere apology for not updating yesterday. I know I never set an official update schedule, but so far I've been holding daily updates and I would like to keep it that way.

Well, I seem to have contracted the stomach flu and spent the better part of yesterday in and out of sleep and periodically throwing up every half hour. It is not particularly fun, and I meant to write a bit, but I felt like death itself and I couldn't even move properly.

Now it's the ungodly hour and I can't seem to fall asleep, though I'm inhaling water like I haven't seen it in weeks.

Now, school is starting up again on Jaunary 2, which is today, but obviously I will not be attending, so I plan to use the day for writing, and perhaps I'll update twice.

NOW HERE IS THE MAIN THING I WANTED TO TELL YOU:

If you've read chapter IV, then you have read a scene in which Calum was abused by his uncle.

I am going to tell you that this is his life. He lives in a broken home with a terrible uncle. That will not be the only scene like this.

I feel the need to tell all of my readers that if similar activities are present in your life, it is not okay and something should be done about it. Do tell someone if you are going through anything that even remotely resembles the actions in this book.

Further, I will not be adding a warning to the chapters that include violence. I have edited the introduction and put a warning there, I added one in chapter IV, and I am saying it again here.

If you have read this far, you know that cruel things happen to Cal, and they will continue. There are not many violent scenes in this book. Don't feel like you cannot read my story anymore because of this, because there are not many scenes like that in coming chapters.

Lastly, though it takes place in my book, I do not condone any violence of this matter. I do not support people like Ronan. I'm afraid some people like to assume such things and I would like to clarify this.

Please know that the events in Cal's life happen to many people in the real world, and there is nothing humorous about his situation. I've read too many books where abuse takes place and people in the comments are laughing. They laugh at the weakness of the character being harmed, and they use sarcastic comments against them. Especially if the object of abuse is male.

PSA: abuse/assault are not things that only happen to women. Men suffer too, and nobody ever speaks up about it. Just because men seem to be physically stronger than women, it does not mean they cannot be taken advantage of in moments of weakness.

So please take these things into consideration when reading my book! In the future I will be adding this to the introduction, but for now it remains here.

Good night/day to everyone and again, apologies for my lack of an update!

With Love,
Adriana Danielle