Chapter 23 : Triggerfinger

Start from the beginning

Daryl's P.O.V

My minds grows with more panic as I walk to the house, not seeing Carter or them back with Hershel. Getting closer to the house a car engine stops me, making me look over and see the car driving up towards. I feel happiness and relief inside but I hide it, not knowing if she's safe or not.

As soon as the park Rick comes out, hugging his family, Hershel and Glenn following. I start to panic, not seeingg her until I see her shoes lay on the dirt before she fully comes out the car. She looks around, seeing me before jogging towards e until I engulf her in a hug.

I let go of her to look at her, seeing some dried blood on her face. " Why's there blood?" I ask.

" It's not mine..." she trails off, looking back at the car. I stare at her in confusion before seeing someone in the car. " That's Randall," she says. I walk over, seeing the boy pale and almost dead. I shake my head, walking back to her. I kiss her forehead, hugging her tight again.

Carter's P.O.V

" We couldn't just leave him. He would've bled out, if he lived that long."

" It's gotten bad in town," Glenn states, making Maggie more interested.

" I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week," Hershel explains, stepping into the room.

" When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way."

" Might as well have just left him to walkers then," I state, Andrea nodding in agreement.

" He'll have a fighting chance," he explains, which I shrug at.

" So we're just gonna let him go?"

" He knows where we are."

" He had a blindfold on the whole time. He's not a threat," I explain.

" Not a threat. How many were there? You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage but they just ain't gonna come looking?"

" He's here right now and not with his group because he was left for walker bait. No one is looking!"

" We should still post guards," T interrupts.

" He out cold right now, will be for hours," Hershel explains.

" You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy. Look at this folks, Carter is back in fantasyland," Shane states with sarcasm, walking out. I go to grab him only to be held by Daryl as Hershel speaks.

" You know, we haven't dealt with what you did at my barn yet. Let me make this pretty clear, once and for all; This is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor and keep your mouth shut." Shane scoffs before walking off, Rick calming down Hershel. I get out of Daryl grip, walking past him out the house. I hop over the railing, landing on my feet before walking to the middle of the field, stopping as I see the tent wasn't where it was before.

" I wanted to be farther away from everyone," I hear the redneck murmur from behind, his hand wrapping around my wrist gently. He tugs me softly, making me follow him. As soon as we get to his little campsite I walk into the tent, laying on my bed with a groan. " What happened?"

" Nothing." I stretch my arms, my shirt going up a bit as well. I feel his hands move my shirt, so it shows my waist. I look down, seeing bruised marks shaped like a hand on me. I look over at seeing, his jaw clenched at looking at me. " It was a misunderstanding. The guy grabbed my hip, nothing else other than eyeing me," I answer with a sigh, looking at the roof of the tent. He nods slightly, pushing me over so he's able to sleep next to me as my back now touching his chest. His hands wrap around my waist, one hand where Dave's was before, squeezing gently as I grunt from the pain.

" Sorry," he whispers, hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

" It's not your fault." It goes silent as we lay there in middle of the day, only hearing our breathing and the outside until I try and get up, only to be held down again by the same guy. " C'mon, we're burning day light." I hear him groan in annoyance, making me give a laugh.

" A little longer."

" Why?"

" You were gone for too long. Just want you for a little bit longer Peaches," he whispers, giving my neck a light kiss. I tense up before sighing in content, allowing myself to be pulled closer into his arms.