Chapter 44: When the Dead Come Knocking

Carter's P.O.V

 Ringing. The fucking ringing is annoying as shit. I try to shake it away, my head lulling side to side as it still continues. It stops once my head takes a sharp left from the slap Merle gives me.

 " C'mon. I didn't mean you no harm. You didn't give me no choice Carter. I just need to know where you're place is," he explains, crouching beside my ear for the last sentence. I roll my eyes, rolling my head to crack my aching neck. " You're an asshole, just like on that rooftop in Atlanta." I take in deep breaths, keeping myself together as bloods drips from the bottom of my chin, the cut above my eyebrow seeping with blood.

 " It's been almost a year why are you still on that?" I slur out, sarcasm dripping like the blood. " I gave you a choice. You choose the 'Dumb Fucker' choice," I pant out, " We went back for you."

 " Ain't you thoughtful?"

 " You choose that option-" A punch is given, my head lulling for a moment. I look back at him, feeling the bruise forming.

 " You know what, how about we talk about something else for now? Hm?" He sits down the table in front of me, the handcuffs on my somehow growing tighter. " How about my baby brother? You can't just tell where he is and leave me hangin'." I stare at the man, a slight glare in my eyes, my expression neutral. His blade meets my face, tracing up my neck. " I wonder if anyone has kissed this skin of yours. Has anyone?" he questions, a light snort escaping me, moving my head away from the blade. " I don't believe you get scared easily, do you? Well, it only makes this more fun, unless you wanna tell me where my brother is." He pushes the knife deeper into my cheek, making me grunt in pain, it piercing my skin.

  " I wanna know where the sheriff is," he continues. I spit in his face before head butting him, a growl escaping me. He gives a fake smile before throwing a punch. I lose count after five to the face, barely keeping consciousness. The handcuffs come off, my arms falling to the sides of the seat before it's lifted up from under me, making me fall to the ground. I try to get up, only for a kick to the side to happen. " Are you gonna tell me where my brother is?" he questions. I only flip him off as a response, hearing a chuckle come out of him. " Well, I hope you like blood play." I feel myself go pale, knowing I'm going to be in hell.

 3rd P.O.V

 The hunter's screams bounce off the walls, it being heard by Glenn and Maggie. They both shudder in fear of what's to happen to them. Only the sounds change slightly. Mixed in with the screams were grunts and small moans of pleasure. Not from a feminine voice either, a masculine one. It stops after what felt like an eternity, the couple becoming frightened, the two sitting beside each other in a metal room. Soft cries are heard after a few minutes of silence, loud growling follows, making the two shake in fear before the Governor and Merle walks in, smug looks on their faces.

---

 Carter's P.O.V

 Staring at dead walker beside me, I scream in anger. The wooden chair I was sitting on now broken into pieces around me, one in the head of the body. Under all the ringing, I hear people talking through the walls, yet I don't bother listening in, only hearing the word 'prison' being yelled. I grab the now turned-over table, slowly standing myself up, wobbly for a few moments. I try to walk, only for the stab wound in my leg to take effect. I groan in pain, leaning myself against the wall.

 The ringing begins in my ears again, a few other sounds being heard but hearing nothing else. My vision falters a few moments before going back to normal. People come inside, yet they only look like blurs. Two people are thrown inside the room, the door closing behind me.

 I grab a wooden leg from floor, holding it as a weapon as the two blurs move closer. " Hey, Carter calm down." I slowly drop the weapon, hearing Glenn's voice. Slowly walking to me, my vision returns to normal, seeing Maggie's face before pulling me close, tears in her eyes. I wrap my arms around her, Glenn looking at us with pity. Once she pulls back, the two look at me, seeing me in worse shape than the two combined.

 My clothing is torn, blood seeping from cuts across my body as I'm bruised from head to toe. My jeans torn into shorts, a small stream of blood runs down my leg from my groin area.