Chapter 5

A/N

The picture above is Sophia's succubus friend, Meridola or Meri for short! I don't really care for the clothes but I love her hair and her facial expression. Meri does not give a flying fuck! ♥

***

Walking around to face him, Sophia gave the demon a hard slap in the face, "Wake up."

The demon instantly straightened in his seat and stared adoringly up at Sophia, "Yes mistress."

"Mistress?" Leo inquired and raised a brow at Sophia.

Sophia sighed and shook her head, "A mere side effect of the powder." Sophia leaned forward slightly gazing into the demons eyes and smiled cruelly at him. Leo knew it was a fake smile. He wished for once she would smile genuinely. Maybe she would smile at him.

"Hello. Are you comfortable?" Sophia peered down at the demon as if she was really interested in his comfort.

"Yes Mistress. My only wish is to please you." The demons voice was airy and he sounded like he was high as a kite.

"I'm glad to hear this. My friend and I have some questions." Sophia raised her hand and patted the demon man's cheek as he leaned his face into her palm purring softly in contentment.

Leo stared, amazed with what he was seeing before his eyes. He had never before seen a demon so tranquil in the hands of a known demon slayer. Leaning against the desk, Leo glared at the demon, "Who sent you to kill us and Father Donavon?"

The demon didn't answer at first, until Sophia nodded at him to answer Leo's question, "My master ordered it be done. His orders were to kill the one who bears the King of Hells mark and any who try to stop me."

Sophia shot Leo a look and bit her lip. As if knowing they were speaking about it, Sophia's mark began to burn causing her to inwardly flinch. Trying to quell the fear that seeped into her heart Sophia spoke again her words now harsh, "What is your masters name?"

The demon paused. His eyes grew confused as if he really had to think about how to answer this question, "I know not his name. I call him master."

Leo exhaled and shouted, "Unbelievable! You don't know your own masters name? What about the demon lord, Argan? Do you know of him?"

The demon nodded slowly as Sophia patted the man's head and smoothed his ruffled hair, "Argan... he is a general of my masters. His second in command."

Sophia thought back to all that she had learned of Argan before finally sighing, "I don't recall being told this. My understanding is Argan is the one in charge."

The demon laughed softly, "No mistress. There is someone else, someone higher up that wishes to take over Earth and all those who protect it. Argan will unleash the power of the Flaming Sword on Mardi Gras."

Sophia gasped pulling her hands from caressing the demons hair, "That's in less than two weeks!"

Leo ran his fingers through his hair trying to think of the demon lords reasoning, "Why wait if he already has the sword?"

Sophia bit her lip, "There will be a new moon on Mardi Gras...." Leo glared at the ground as she spoke softly, "Perhaps he is not powerful enough to possess the sword without the new moon. I've been told that demons, when exiled to Earth, require certain moons to draw their powers to full strength."

The demon shrugged as he stared lovingly up at Sophia, "My orders were to kill you, mistress, and all who helped you. They wish to see you fail or worse die. Argan said, ff Lucifer's whore fails or is killed... the King will fall."