*9*

*Mai's P.O.V.*

"Kono...ha?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side. I remember Itachi-nii telling me about Konoha. It's the village where he was born and lived before he came to he Akatsuki.

"Yes. It's the village hidden in the leaves, Konohagakure." Pein-sama explained. "Konan will help you pack."

I nodded my head in understanding as mama walked out of the room, still holding me. It only took us a minute to reach my room and as soon as we walked in mama sat me on the ground before pulling me into a hug.

"Oh Mai..." She started. "I'm going to miss you so much but this is for your own good..."

"Its k mama." I said as I hugged her back. "I understand. Mai good girl."

"You've been with Tobi too much. But yes, you are a good girl." Mama chuckled as she pulled away. "Now while you're in Konoha I want you to live like a normal little girl and make friends. You don't need to many but enough. I want you to be careful of boys too. Don't let others mock your because of your blindness either. Use that as an advantage over them just as we taught you. Don't use Kuro too much to see either as he drains you. Use your senses to see.  And never tell anybody about any of us. Not our location, abilities, nothing. If you tell hem who knows what'll they'll do to you." Mama explained before sighing.

I soaked up everything she told me and nodded. "Don't worry mama. I won't tell anybody anything about the Akatsuki. I'll make lots of friends but not too many. Just enough. I'll be careful of the boys too. I wont let others mock me and will use my blindness to my advantage and remember all that you all have taught me. I wont use Kuro too much and will rely on my senses. " I replied with a small smile on my face.

"Good girl. Now, lets get to packing." Mama said with a clap of her hands. I could tell she was smiling as she pulled a scroll out and began placing my clothes and weapons into it.  Once she was done she handed me the scroll, which I tucked into my weapons pouch, before she walked towards my door.

"Head to bed sweetie. I want you well rested because we're gonna leave early in the morning." Mama said.

"Ok mama." I replied before she walked out of the room.

I walked towards my bed and felt around for the pajamas I know she left out for me. Once I knew where they were I began taking my clothes off.

I was now only standing in my underwear and a tank top, struggling to put my shirt on when there was a knock on my door before it  opened. I quickly could tell it was Itachi-nii though by his chakra signature.

He chuckled as he walked into my room. I could only guess that it was because he saw my struggling state of me trying to put on my shirt. I pouted as he walked over to me.

"Here let me help, imouto..." He said as he grabbed the bottom of my shirt and pulled it down while directing my arms through the sleeves. He then helped me in putting my pants one. "All these years and you still struggle to put your clothes on it seems."

I pouted again at his words. "Its not all the time...."

"Yes, yes, I know." He replied as he lifted me up into my bed. "I actually came in here because I have a request for you imouto-chan."

"Hmm..." I mumbled, showing that I was listening.

"I know Konan told you not to give out information on any of us but as you know my little brother lives in Konoha. I want you to find him and tell him the truth. If what you say doesn't convince him enough then show him this. " He explained before placing his hands over my head.

Images began flashing through my mind of a man telling Itachi-nii to kill his clan and then of Itachi-nii actually doing so.

Once the flashes stopped, Itachi-nii removed his hands from my head and placed a necklace in my hand. "Give him that after showing him the images. Please do this for me imouto-chan."

"Un...of course Itachi-nii." I replied.

"Good. Now sleep." He said as he kissed my forehead before walking out of my room.

Sighing, I snuggled into Kuro as I clutched the necklace before falling into a deep sleep.

*Time Skip*

After saying my goodbyes to everyone mama had picked me up and began jumping through the trees towards Konoha. We were only a mile or so away when mama stopped and sat me down on the ground.

Just keep walking in the direction I have you facing Mai and you should reach Konoha. " Mama instructed. "And here, this is to help you get by for a while." She grabbed my hands and placed a small sack of money into it.

She then hugged me one last time before pulling away. I could feel a sudden breeze telling me that mama must have just disappeared into paper.

Sighing I began my journey to my new home which surprisingly didn't take long for me to reach.

I could tell I was close by the sudden larger amounts of chakra signatures I could sense. Once I got close to two of them I stomped my foot slightly to see where everything was. (You can imagine Mai to kinda be like Toph from ATLAB when it comes to her blindness.)

Everything looked kinda shaky since I was wearing shoes but I got the gist of where everything was.

I walked towards the two guards hoping to gain entrance to the village but instead sweat dropped when I approached them. The two were snoring loudly, not even paying attention.

Sighing, I cleared my throat loudly hoping to snap the two awake which successfully worked....in waking one of them.

"Huh...? Eh? Hey Kotetsu, wake up!" The guard said, shaking his buddy.

"What is it Izumo?" Kotetsu mumbled waking up.

"There's someone here!" Izumo shouted which snapped Kotetsu awake.

"Eh? Oi, brat! Who are you?" Kotetsu asked.

"I'm Mai. Speak with Hokage?" I asked.

I could tell the two looked to each other not sure on what to do when suddenly a new chakra signature appeared next to me.

'He's good at concealing his presence but I could still faintly trace him sitting in the tree watching me.'

"Ah Kakashi! What are you doing here?" Izumo asked.

"I was just passing by. Don't worry. I can take her to the hokage for ya." This Kakashi dude said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"All right! Thanks Kakashi!" Kotetsu shouted. I then heard the gates open as Kakashi began walking forward. Listening to his footsteps, I followed after him.