At these times, it is always good to have a cell phone in hands in this long wait. Mine, unfortunately, I had forgotten at home, but before I have sent a message to Carla. I said to her to tell Benjamin that I had gone to the ophthalmologist if he asks where I went. He wouldn't mistrust this tattered lie since clearly, I need an ophthalmologist.

As soon as they announced my name, Dr. Andréia greeted me with a beautiful smile. She seemed to be a lot younger than in the photo.

Her office was neat and comfortable. I noticed the shelf near the light colored wall, many books were there, but I doubt any of them would interest me. I could see the mahogany table on the left side of the room. In a chair, the doctor sat down, and I stayed on the other side of the table with an empty chair by my side. I looked to the side and could see what caught my attention in the movies and series, the couch next to the chair where probably the doctor would try to make me confess what is tormenting me, and she barely knew that was me that would make her admit.

Didn't take too long to she take me to the couch. I could sleep there with easily since the upholstery was something peculiarly soft. With a clipboard and a pen in hand, the doctor started the questions:

"Why did you seek therapy?" Her tone was casual, did not convey any feeling. It was just a routine question she was accustomed to asking.

"I... I..." I had an answer to this, but I didn't want talk all in the beginning. I started to tug at the hem of my shirt denouncing my nervousness. "We can skip this for now."

"You came alone, from what I can see. Does your mother agree with your presence here today?" My mother? I did not want talk about her, but I could not say that to the doctor.

"I convinced her. I made an excuse."

"So your mom does not know the real reason you're here," She did not ask a question but affirmed. "How is your relationship with your mother?" It made a deadly silence. Of course, I had to respond.

"We do everything we can to get along, but sometimes she's a little bossy. Sometimes I feel suffocated.

More question was asked, making me forget for a moment the real reason for being there. I wanted to know about Ben, what was going on in his mind. I could not decipher him; the woman next to me must know everything about him. I just need to know, if he tried to commit suicide indeed and if that idea still is in your head.

"Do we still have how many minutes?" The doctor ignored my question and continued, but before she asked her next question, I asked my first. "Do you have a patient named Benjamin Oliveira? He probably has another surname, but I never knew which was.

"I don't tell my patients about other patients."

"But anyway this seemed to be a confession."

"You're inconvenient, Gabrielle."

"Only Elle," I allowed myself to sit on the couch and looked at the doctor. She seemed surprised by something I could not capture.

"Only Elle," She repeated. Finally, I could see the doctor smiling naturally, a sarcastic smile that seemed familiar to me.

"I just need to know what's going on in his mind about life," I could not say the word death, so I prefer to replace it.

"I thought we had an appointment. I do not allow others people to be part of it."

"He isn't an ordinary person. He is Benjamin, and I urgently need to know what's going on in his head."

"Why don't you ask of him? What prevents you?" Her voice finally seemed to convey a little emotion.