Soulmates

Chat jumped over the roofs of Paris, occasionally slipping. He was in deep thought. Marinette. Marinette was his lady. He laughed. It was so obvious. Making his way home, he paused at the Eiffel Tower. The view of Paris was amazing from here. He would always come here with Ladybug. All of the sudden, Chat bent over in pain. His miraculous beeped, signaling there was one minute left until de-transformation. He quickly swung home, landing in his room right as Plagg flew out of his ring. He ran over to his desk and grabbed a piece of Camembert, expecting Plagg to be begging for it. Much to his surprise, Plagg flew over and knocked the cheese right out of his hand.

"IDIOT!" He roared. Adrien stepped back, shocked. "Why would you use Cataclysm on an Akuma!" He grabbed Adrien's face with his tiny, fingerless hands.

"I didn't know what to do! I'm sorry! Why is it such a big deal," Adrien responded, confused.

"Stupid boy. You want to know which miraculous holders have the highest death rates? CHAT NOIR'S. Why? Because they make stupid decisions like the one you made. The akuma is now inside of you," Plagg began explaining, " It elevates your negative emotions, and will cause you great pain. Pain terrible enough to kill you! It's slowly killing you from the inside, even now!"

Adrien stared at his Kwami. He was going to die? How did he know that what Plagg was saying was true? He was a big prankst—. Adrien fell onto his bed, groaning. It felt like someone just drove a knife into his side. He looked down, but saw nothing.

"Let's go boy, I'm taking you back to Fu's."

***

Marinette stood up with Chloé's help. Tikki hovered next to her, concern covering her face, as she looked up at her with big eyes.

"Tikki, transform me," Marinette whispered. Tikki was sucked into her earrings as Marinette became Ladybug. She created a 'lucky charm' item and threw it up into the air. "Miraculous Ladybug!" She yelled as the item disappeared and pink swirls flew around her and the city. She sighed in relief as her pain was gone and untransformed. She could hear Chloé whispering with Pollen about something, but she didn't care what.

"Mlle. Bourgeois, could you please walk Mlls. Dupain-Cheng home?" Master Fu asked. Chloé nodded and the two walked out, their Kwamis trailing behind them, laughing.

"I'm really sorry, Marinette, and I promise I will try to change!" Chloé was still begging for Marinette's forgiveness.

"Chloé, I forgive you. You don't need to keep asking. It's okay."

Chloé tackled her in a bear hug. They continued down the road, chatting about random stuff, and acting like best friends. They reached Marinette's bakery and after a lot of persuading, Marinette finally convinced Chloé to come in. They walked in together but were quickly stopped by a furious Alya.

"Where were you girl! I was so worried about you!" Alya ran up to Marinette. Chloé stood behind her, looking down at the floor. "Tell me before you disappear like that! What took you so long to get here?" Alya noticed Chloé. "What's she doing here? If this is a hostage situation, blink twice."

Marinette rolled her eyes and pulled Chloé up next to her.

"Alya, Chloé's here because I want her to be."

Alya stared at her best friend, astounded. Was this Marinette? Why hadn't Chloé snapped back at Alya. Something weird is going on...

****

Chat rapped his knuckles on Master Fu's door. The old man opened and gestured for him to come into the tiny apartment. Chat walked in and sat down on the mat in the center. He let his transformation go. Plagg spiraled out of his ring and headed straight for Fu.

"This idiot used Cata-"

"I know."

Adrien stared at Master Fu. The man sat down beside him and put his hand on Adrien's back. He sighed.

"You do know that that was a very risky move," Fu began. Adrien nodded.

"I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't just let the akuma go free." Adrien brought his hands up to his face, cradling his chin.

"You are going to suffer great consequences."

"Am I going to die?"

There was silence. Fu sucked in a breath and glared at Plagg. Plagg shrunk back and stared at the ground.

"You told him he was going to die," Fu asked, annoyed. Plagg nodded. "Ugh. Well, yes, there is the possibility. But there is a way to save you, if your soulmate is willing." He whispered the last part, but Adrien caught it.

"Soulmate? What are you talking about?"

"In order to save you, you have to make your soulmate fall in love with you and kiss you," Master Fu explained.

Adrien's jaw dropped. He let out a slight laugh. Was this some sort of Disney movie now? He felt kind of insecure now.

"Is Marinette my soulmate?" Adrien was hopeful. He really liked Marinette, even before he found out she was Ladybug. But he always thought she was scared of him, she would constantly stutter and run away from him. He sighed. She would never fall in love with him.

Suddenly the pain came back. He gasped and his hands pulled his head down to his knees. He could feel it all over, not just one area.

"Yes, she is. That's one of the reasons I gave you two in specific the miraculous'. Now when you're around her, you won't feel pain. But when she is far away, it will be almost unbearable. So just don't go overseas, okay?" Fu concluded with a smirk. Adrien nodded.

"Great, now this already love-sick boy is going to make it even worse. Just what I needed in my life," Plagg groaned. Adrien rolled his eyes and transformed.

*********************************************************************************************

Sup Dudebros!!!!

Happy New Year! Sorry I didn't update earlier, I was out of town and didn't have wifi. 

Welp, hope you like the new chapter! 

Stay Epic Dudebros!

~ Sari