Chapter Twenty

Depuis le début

"Fine but I'm going to need my makeup, and my outfits." I said.

"Don't worry I have that taken care of." He said. "Thank you Emily."

"No problem." We said our goodbyes.

....

When he got here a chef was rushed in the kitchen and cleaning crew was cleaning up. I was so shocked at the amount of people rushing in. I was on the couch watching tv. I pulled my shirt down.

"There you are. Come on let's see if this dress fits." Jax said grabbing my hand and taking me to his room. "Try it on." He said.

"Turn around." I said and he obeyed my request. I took the shirt off and unzipped the black dress. I put it on and coughed to get his attention. He examined me and nodded.

"Looks good." He said and motioned me to turn around. I did and he zipped my dress up slowly. I heard him open a box and he wrapped something around my neck. It was a locket. "It has a picture of her in it. I thought you would love it." He whispered in my ear. He grabbed my hair and released it from the elastic. I held my breath. I opened it and he made his way around still looking at me. I engulfed him into a hug. It was so beautiful. He hugged me back and I let go. He grabbed my hand again and I was taken to my room. I was placed in a chair.

"Have fun. I'm going to go get ready." He said and I was nervous. He left and I got my hair and make up down having a funny conversation with the stylist.

"I gave him that dress but no your meeting the parents. That dress is boring. You want to wow them but also not try too hard." He said. He handed me a dress and shooed me to the bathroom. I took off my dress and I heard the doorbell. How long was I in the chair. I hurried and put the new dress on. It was a blush, floral, satin skater dress. I walked out and he smiled happily at me. I got my black pumps switched out for grey pumps. It complimented my new highlights. He put diamond studs on me.

"Now go you beautiful girl. Go wow the parents." He said and I thanked him. I left my room.

"She should be down any moment. I will go get Emilia." He said.

"I got her Jax!" I called, and I went to her room. She was in a pink dress and a bow on her head. I grabbed her and I kissed her forehead. "We have to go meet his family. Your grandma Nd grandpa." I whispered to her. I grabbed a small blanket and we headed downstairs. I felt their stares on us and on my last step Jax helped me.

"Oh look at our grand baby Jesse." Jax mom said.

"You look beautiful." He whispered to me. She took Emilia out of my arms and I looked to him.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"So precious." His mom gushed.

"You must be her mother?" His father asked reaching his hand out. I shook his hand.

"Hi, yes sir. Emily." I said awkwardly and he just nodded.

"This is my wife Margie." He said.

"Hi ma'am." I said not bothering raising my hand out because she was too busy holding Emilia.

"Let's go eat. You guys should be hungry from the long drive." Jax said, and directed us to the dining room. The workers out did themselves. The table was set and salads were in front of us. Jax got my chair and I took a seat. He pushed me up to the table but leaving space. He got Emilia and I got her again. He got her bottle and I fed her.

"You should tilt her head up some." Margie commented. I did but she kept instructing. Jax got up and fixed her in my arms in the same position I had her in the first time. "So Emma, what do your parents do?" She asked.

"My mom past." I spoke softly.

"Oh sorry dear. My condolences. Must be hard." She said. "So you were our sons surrogate. Nice of you to step in and help him until he fix his relationship with Gigi."

"Mom I told you that Gigi and I are done forever. I will talk to you about that another day." He said sounding stressed.

"Fine." She said. "So Emily tell us about you." She asked. I looked up from feeding Emilia. I took the bottle out and wiped her mouth.

"Well....I am 24, I have a bachelors in Human Resources." I said and tried to think of something else to say.

"I will go tell the chef we're ready for the main course." Jax said escaping this madness.

"So must be nice to live in such a nice home. Seems like your fresh out of college taken advantage of this surrogacy. Need cash for loans you probably had to take out." Margie said and I looked up.

"No....I graduated when I was 23. I was his secretary." I said.

"Hmmm....secretary interesting. I hope you don't think this will last long this is temporary. My granddaughter needs a proper mother, and our son needs a real woman and wife material." She said and Jax walked in as the chef and cooks brought in the dinner.

"I need to change Emilia's pamper, and put her down for her nap." I announced and left the table. I brought Emilia upstairs and changed her out of her clothes and cleaned up her and got her ready for bed. I put her in bed and placed the nursery rhymes on and went to the bathroom. I dabbed at my eyes, clutching my chest. I stared at my reflection. I was just a girl in a dress playing a part. Soon he would find another woman to fulfill his needs and become the woman he wants and need. They will marry and that would force me to have to beg to see my child.

"Emily." Jax called. I walked out the bathroom composing myself. He found me and smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes I'm fine." I smiled.