Chapter Twenty

I could see him clenching his jaw line, not out of anger but out of pain. I didn't know what to do.

He was the first to speak. "Meet me downstairs."

"Wh-"

"I'm taking you somewhere. We need to talk." He held my gaze but he was clearly struggling to remain calm and collected.

Before I could reply he was walking out his bedroom door, heading downstairs. I quickly shut and locked me window, grabbed a hoodie and stumbled downstairs.

I heard Nick call after me, but I was in too much of a rush to respond.

Once I was out the front door, I was confronted with Eli... and a motorbike.

"E-Eli, I can't go on this-this machine..." I didn't want to argue with him right now but those things were death traps. I had seen enough movies to know this.

"C'mon, it's not that far. Just hold on tight you'll be fine."

His caring tone hit my weak spot and I felt myself walking towards the death trap. I had to admit it was a sexy-looking death trap.

He handed me a matte black helmet which covered my face, similar to his.

"Right hold tight, don't let go." His voice was muffled through the helmet but understandable.

I slipped onto the seat and wrapped my arm's around Eli's rock hard torso. This boys physique will never fail to amaze me.

"Ready Princess?" He looked over his shoulder at me.

Not trusting my voice, I shook my head and held on tighter than I thought possible.

The roar of the engine caused my breathing to hitch and to press my head against Eli's warm back. His fresh smell calmed me. That was until we took off.

I could feel the wind rushing though me, like I was falling from an aeroplane, the feeling became surreal as I had my eyes tightly shut due to fear.

The loud engine reminded me that we were on a very powerful death trap. I was absolutely terrified.

"Princess, I can feel you shaking. Do you want me to pull over." Eli called over his shoulder. I wasn't aware that the fear pumping though my veins caused me to shake so violently.

"N-No, it's fine. I'm okay." I gulped.

"Okay. I know you scared but do me a favour." He kept his focus on the road but shouted clearly over the wind. "Open you eyes."

"N-No I can't." I said, keeping my eyes tightly shut.

"Trust me, Princess."

And I did. I opened my eyes and was immediacy greeted with thousands of colours flashing past me in a magical array.

The houses and building I had walked past so many times, morphed into a string of blurred visions which put Eli and I into a spiral of movement.

It was beautiful.

The wind in my hair suddenly made me feel alive. Not terrified. The thrill was immense.

I couldn't contain my excitement, so I screamed into the wind. Pushing my nerves away and embracing the scenes around me.

"FUCK YEAHHHHH!!!" I screamed out in joy.

I felt Eli laugh at my strange outburst before revving the bike and picking up speed. This thrill caused me to forget about the somber news which brought me here.

Unfortunately, the ride didn't last forever and I found myself feeling disappointed when Eli slowed down and turned down a small side road.

That was until, Eli pulled into the car park of, what seemed to be an abandoned retro cinema.

"Eli, what are we doing here?" I asked as we both stepped off the bike and removed our helmets.

He did reply, instead he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a small door, located on the side of the building.

Although, I was sort of freaking out about entering a dark, empty building in the middle of nowhere - I was easily distracted by the warm sparks which traveled through my hand as it gripped Eli's large hand.

As we walked through the building in comfortable silence, I began to imagine what the cinema would have looked like a few years back.

I could imagine it thriving with people; couples, families and groups of friends all lining up to get popcorn and soda. It would have been beautiful.

Even though, the building was now desolate and from what I could tell, Eli and I were the only people present, the cinema still held a fun-filled vibe.

My initial fears began to disappear.

Focusing my intention back on Eli, I noticed he was now leading me up some stairs. A rusted, dusty sign which read 'ROOFTOP' answered my question as to where we were going.

"Over here, Princess." I heard, Eli quietly mention as he roughly pushed against a door. The decaying, metal door opened to reveal a completely empty roof.

However, it was not the emptiness of the rooftop which caused my jaw to drop in awe. It was the view.

The rooftop looked out onto a beautiful valley of rolling green hills which framed the beginning of the sunset.

I hadn't noticed this magnificent view when we first arrived as it was situated at the back of the building but it still managed to make my knees weak.

"Do you like it?" I had completely forgotten Eli was present until he spoke out.

I gave a feeble nod and replied. "I-It's beautiful."

"It is..." Eli whispered back but when I turned my attention back to Eli, he was not focused on the view as expected, he was looking down at me with an unreadable expression.

He suddenly started the lean in. Are we going to kiss again? My mind started working in overdrive.

Cody...

I pulled away and walked to the edge of the roof. I plopped down and sat with my legs over the edge.

I couldn't do that to Cody. He has been nothing but honest and loyal to me. I couldn't treat him badly.

I soon felt Eli's presence as he sat next to me in a similar position.

This was like a scene from a movie. Two kids sitting on the roof of an abandoned retro cinema, watching the sunset which peaked though a valley of rolling green grass.

However, the view could only distract my curiosity for a limited time.

Why did Eli bring me here?
Was he going to talk about his past?
About his brother...?

I felt Eli's warm, soft hand slip into mine and hold it firmly as if he needed the comfort it brought.

I didn't speak because I knew he would talk when he was ready.

He began. "You told me about you past... now it's my turn..."

***

IMPORTANT:
Okay lads, the next chapter is probably going to quite long as it's all of Eli's past, but I'm writing as fast as a can but I don't want this chapter to be slap-dash because as I mentioned before he has quite a heavy past.

Also guy I was thinking about writing a Dolan Twins fanfic after I finished this one. If y'all don't know who the Dolan Twins are, go check them out on YouTube, Instagram etc. They're some pretty awesome dudes.

If you guys would read the fanfic, if I wrote it please leave a comment or a vote to let me know.

Love you guys. Peace.