Chapter Twelve

After putting Lola back to bed, Eli walked me to his porch. Even in the dull moonlight, I could see the intensity of his eyes as he looked into mine.

I knew they must be red and puffy from all the crying I had done, but I didn't care. A huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders because I had opened up to him. It was difficult but it was also worth it.

We stayed there for a moment, silent but not awkward.

I broke the silence first "I want to thank you Eli... for listening. A lot of people I know would have run far away the minute I opened my mouth but.. you were different."

He smiles softly and places his hands on my hips. Despite the amount of times I had felt Eli's touch, it still sent warm sparks through my body and caused my stomach to do somersaults. His touch was an addiction to me.

He pulled me gently so that my body became flush with his. Oh God...

"Do you remember that night on the roof when I said I never break promises?"

"Yeah" my voice was barely above a whisper.

"I promise that I will always stand by your side. I will be there for you but I also promise not to treat you like a China Doll." As he said this he brought his plump lips to my forehead and gave it a gentle kiss. The gesture was so loving, so caring and so not Eli.

*****

It had been a few days since I opened up to Eli and I was still on a high from our kiss. I had explained everything to Andy and she was - as she likes to put - "so fucking excited for me and Eli to get married!". She often gets a little ahead of herself sometimes.

I rolled over and looked at the time on my alarm clock: 10 o'clock. I hoped out of bed and grabbed my running shorts and a sports bra. After brushing my teeth and getting dressed, I walked over to my window to open the curtains.

I opened them to reveal a shirtless Eli doing press-ups. I could see his back muscles flexing as he got low to the ground.

'He is so damn hot' I screamed inside my head.

"Um.. Princess did you mean to say that out loud?"

My entire body turned a dark red colour, only I would accidentally say something like that out loud...

"Don't worry, I hear that a lot" he replied. His usual playful attitude was back which I appreciated.

"Get your head out of your ass" I said and made my way down stairs.

***

About half and hour into my run, I stopped and took in the scenery around me. The large cherry tree that stood in the centre of the forest was just starting to bloom. It looked incredible as the soft pink petals began to form.

I large hand touched my shoulder causing my heart to jump as I turned quickly around to see who the hand belonged to.

I came face to face with a very familiar tanned face.
"Cody?" I questioned hoping that I had got the name right.

"Alexa, long time no see" he cheerfully spoke with a thick accent. "Look I want to apologise. I was going to text you, after you gave me your number, but my phone fried itself and I lost all my contacts." He continued. I had honestly forgotten all about him due to the previous events.

"Don't sweat it" I said with a chuckle.

"Could I maybe have it again? I mean you seem like a really nice girl and I would love to get to know you. You see I don't really know many people around here." He asked shyly.

As I started to put my contact into his phone for the second time, my mind wondered to my kiss with Eli. Suddenly I felt guilty. Why? I had no idea Eli and I weren't even official. But what if he thought we were?

Soon my thoughts were invaded by the memory of hearing Eli and Meredith. If Eli expected me to just stick with him because we shared a few kisses then he was wrong. I wasn't going to get my hopes up for him. Not yet.

I handed Cody his phone back gave him a shy smile.
"Thank you... um.. would you like to maybe go see a movie tonight?"

"Yeah that would be great" I beamed back at him.

"Seriously?" He seemed shocked that I had agreed to his offer. "Well, I will pick you up at 7 to tonight" he quickly pecked me on the cheek and disappeared into the forest, leaving my quite breathless. I could deny that Cody was really hot.

Nothing like Eli though...

The small voice in my head was really starting to piss me off.

*****

"Andyyyyyyyy Pandyyyyyyy" I called down the phone.

"What's up chicken butt?" Andy replied.

"I need you help. I have a date tonight and I don't know what to where."

"Really? With who? Is it Eli? Oh my God, I knew you guys would start dat-"

"Not Eli, but that guy from the beach, the Aussie one." I cut her off as I had planned to avoid all mention of Eli tonight because it was about Cody not Eli.

"Oooh I love a bit of Australian beef cake." She said with a tragic, fake accent.

"So are you going to help?"

"Yeah I'll be over in a few." She hung up before I could say anything else.

While waiting for Andy to arrive, I opened the window and admired to bright sunset. My eyes wondered to Eli's driveway. More specially the couple making out on Eli's driveway.

My heart clenched as the couple pulled away from each other to reveal that it was Eli holding a very flustered looking girl. If I remember correctly, she was a girl in my school. I think I had English Lit with her.

Wow. Eli hasn't even attended one day at our school and he's already making his way through the population of girls.

My thought were interrupted by a knock at my door.

***

Hey guys, could ya maybe vote please if your enjoying the book so far. Again sorry for the slow updates but I am now on Christmas break so I'm hoping to get a few more chapters up for you guys. Thank youuu xox